久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Sports top news

Norway withdraws Oslo bid for 2022 Winter Games

(Agencies) Updated: 2014-10-02 10:00

OSLO ?- Norway's government is withdrawing Oslo's bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics, it said on Wednesday, leaving Beijing and Almaty in Kazakhstan as the only contenders after most potential applicants pulled out.

Norway withdraws Oslo bid for 2022 Winter Games
Sochi Olympics?
Norway, which has hosted the Games twice and won more Winter Games medals than any other nation, will quit the race after the ruling Conservative and Progress parties both declined support, asking the government to stop the application.

"We've received clear advice and there is no reason not to follow this advice," Conservative Prime Minister Erna Solberg said. "A big project like this, which is so expensive, requires broad popular support and there isn't enough support for it."

This year's Sochi Olympics cost a record $51 billion, and while Norway promised an event a tenth of that figure, campaigners could not rally enough support in part due to fears that the cost of hosting the Games would balloon.

"The Conservative Party MPs are divided and cannot advise the government to go ahead with the Olympics. We therefore asked the government to halt the application process," Conservative MP Trond Helleland said.

The International Olympic Committee called Oslo's withdrawal a missed opportunity for the country, its people and the athletes.

"This is a missed opportunity for the city of Oslo and for all the people of Norway who are known worldwide for being huge fans of winter sports," said IOC Executive Director for the Games Christoph Dubi in a statement.

"And it is mostly a missed opportunity for the outstanding Norwegian athletes who will not be able to reach new Olympic heights in their home country."

He said Norway's political leaders appeared to have not been briefed properly on the process and made a decision based on "half-truths and factual inaccuracies".

"Earlier this year the Norwegian bid team asked for a meeting with the IOC for an explanation of all aspects of the IOC requirements, including the financial details, and the IOC arranged this for all three bid cities in order to ensure fair play amongst the three bids," Dubi said.

"Unfortunately, Oslo sent neither a senior member of the bid team nor a government official to this meeting. For this reason senior politicians in Norway appear not to have been properly briefed on the process and were left to take their decisions on the basis of half-truths and factual inaccuracies."

Stockholm in Sweden, Krakow in Poland, and Ukraine's Lviv have all previously pulled out of the bidding process. Switzerland's St Moritz and Germany's Munich briefly considered a run for the 2022 Games before financial concerns and local opposition led to them dropping their plans.

Oslo city council immediately said it was withdrawing its application for a state guarantee to host the Games, as it no longer saw a realistic chance of parliament backing the application.

 

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕亚洲精品日韩精品 | 美女张开腿让男人捅的视频 | 在线国产一区二区三区 | 国产香蕉在线视频一级毛片 | 在线精品免费观看综合 | 亚洲高清免费在线观看 | 亚洲加勒比在线 | 成人三级在线播放线观看 | 成人三级在线 | 在线欧洲成人免费视频 | 六月丁香婷婷天天在线 | 久久精品综合免费观看 | 免费一级毛片无毒不卡 | 亚州免费一级毛片 | 久久精品视频2 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产精品 | 国产乱码精品一区二区三区四川人 | 波多野结衣视频免费在线观看 | 国产在线一区二区三区欧美 | 亚洲国产欧洲综合997久久 | 欧美顶级毛片在线播放 | 欧美精品国产制服第一页 | 日韩一区二区在线播放 | 欧美亚洲一区二区三区在线 | 国产精品久久自在自线观看 | 一级欧美毛片成人 | 成年人免费在线观看网站 | 国产精品久久久久久久毛片 | 精品国产96亚洲一区二区三区 | 亚洲天堂伊人 | 男人的天堂在线精品视频 | 国内精品久久久久久影院老狼 | 久久香蕉国产线看观看精品yw | 国产乱码一区二区三区四川人 | 456亚洲视频| 日本亚欧乱色视频在线网站 | 97人摸人人澡人人人超一碰 | 久久狠狠色狠狠色综合 | 九色91 | 9丨精品国产高清自在线看 ⅹxx中国xxx人妖 | 久草不卡视频 |