久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Tennis

Nadal ends long drought

By Agence France Presse In Buenos Aires (China Daily) Updated: 2015-03-03 06:55

Nadal ends long drought

Spain's Rafael Nadal (R) receives the trophy from former Roland Garros champion Gaston Gaudio after winning his final match against Argentina's Juan Monaco at the ATP Argentina Open tennis tournament in Buenos Aires, March 1, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]

Rafael Nadal won his first title in nearly nine months on Sunday, beating Juan Monaco 6-4, 6-1 to win the Argentina Open.

Nadal's triumph was his first since he won a ninth French Open title at Roland Garros last June.

It was Nadal's 65th career crown on all surfaces, moving him into sole possession of fifth place on the Open Era all-time list led by the 109 titles of American Jimmy Connors.

He broke out of a tie for fifth with Bjorn Borg and Pete Sampras.

"They have an impressive history," Nadal said of Sampras and Borg. "That's why it is an honor to be compared to them."

He claimed his 46th career claycourt title, second-most in the Open Era behind the 49 of Argentina's Guillermo Vilas.

Most importantly, the victory showed Nadal is headed in the right direction.

The Spaniard, who battled injury last year after his Roland Garros triumph, exited early in Qatar and fell in the quarterfinals at the Australian Open in January.

He had fallen to fourth in the world after a semifinal loss to Italian Fabio Fognini in Rio de Janeiro last week, the first time he hasn't figured in the top three since August 2013.

With this win, he's projected to return to third in the world, again overtaking Britain's Andy Murray.

"I'm coming off a season that has not been easy - injuries, accidents," said Nadal, who had to cope with wrist trouble and an appendectomy in 2014.

"The beginning of this year has been a bit tricky after some time out, but little by little we have found positive feelings."

The 28-year-old left-hander needed 86 minutes on court to notch his sixth victory over Monaco in as many meetings on clay.

But the players had to wait out a two-hour rain delay before the match, and another 55-minute delay after both held serve for 1-1 in the opening set on the still slippery court.

"It was a tough day in the rain because no one knew what was going to happen," Nadal said.

"I am very thrilled to win here. From the first day I trained my best to achieve this goal.

"I'm very happy. I leave here with an unforgettable feeling and memory."

After securing a tight first set with a break of serve in the seventh game, Nadal stormed through the second.

He broke Monaco twice en route to a 4-0 lead, then broke him again in the final game, clinching the win on his first match point when Monaco sent a forehand long.

Nadal, playing in the Argentinian capital for the first time in a decade, didn't face a break point in the contest before a packed crowd that included Vilas and David Nalbandian, the last Argentinian player to win the Buenos Aires title.

"All titles are special, but I'm really happy because I have not been a champion for a long time," Nadal said.

He was handed the trophy by Argentinian Gaston Gaudio, the 2004 French Open champion.

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 美女被免费网站在线视频软件 | 日韩三级影院 | 欧美一级特黄特色大片 | 欧美成人亚洲 | 一级视频在线观看 | 中文国产成人精品久久一区 | 精品久久成人免费第三区 | 成年女人毛片免费视频永久vip | 欠草视频| 国产99高清一区二区 | 热99re久久精品精品免费 | 一级做a爱过程免费观看 | 天天se天天cao综合网蜜芽 | 午夜在线视频一区二区三区 | 亚欧色视频在线观看免费 | 中文国产成人精品久久一区 | 国产精品一区久久 | 久久99亚洲精品久久99 | 亚洲欧美不卡中文字幕 | 国产色a在线观看 | 日韩在线观看视频免费 | 亚洲精品第一第二区 | 国产免费久久精品99 | 国产日产亚洲精品 | 欧美一级毛片在线 | 亚洲欧美日韩精品在线 | 免费一级欧美性大片 | 91影视永久福利免费观看 | 欧美高清在线精品一区 | 午夜爽爽 | 91精品国产综合成人 | 日韩成人毛片高清视频免费看 | 欧美日韩免费一区二区在线观看 | 午夜精品免费 | 国产3区 | 99久久免费精品视频 | 日本污污网站 | 精品欧美成人高清在线观看2021 | 99视频在线免费观看 | 欧美一级免费看 | 欧美一级毛片欧美一级无片 |