久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Soccer

Failed Australian bid questioned with new FIFA controversy

(Agencies) Updated: 2015-05-28 10:57

Australia spent about $40 million in an attempt to host the 2022 World Cup, an ultimately futile bid which received just one vote when the tournament was awarded to Qatar.

With FIFA embroiled in a new corruption scandal, a former member of FIFA's independent ethics committee, veteran Australian broadcaster Les Murray, says he's pleased if "crooks have been caught." He said if another vote is taken - so far FIFA says that will not be the case - that Australia should again vie for World Cup hosting rights.

Swiss authorities conducted early-morning raids in Zurich at FIFA headquarters and a five-star hotel on Wednesday, detaining seven soccer officials. In Miami, FBI and IRS agents carried computers and boxes out of the headquarters of CONCACAF, the governing body of North and Central America and the Caribbean, whose past and current presidents were among 14 defendants named in a 47-count indictment filled with corruption charges that include wire fraud, money laundering and racketeering conspiracy.

Football Federation Australia's delegation to the FIFA congress didn't reach Zurich until after the raids, and didn't plan to comment until after chief executive David Gallop and chairman Frank Lowy assessed the situation.

Murray on Thursday said the arrests were a "day of trauma for a lot of people in the game."

"But I would suggest it's a good day if, in fact, crooks have been caught," he told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio. "There has always been suspicion hovering around FIFA's high places about corruption."

The Swiss prosecutors' office said it seized "electronic data and documents" at FIFA's headquarters as part of the investigation, and Swiss police said they will question 10 FIFA executive committee members who took part in the World Cup votes in December 2010 which awarded the 2018 tournament to Russia and the 2022 version to Qatar.

"Qatar's victory was so unexpected, so inexplicable ... there was no other explanation than some funny business was going on," Murray said. "If it comes to pass and courts rule that some manipulation was made and bribes were taken, then I don't believe there is any other choice but to have a re-vote. And if there is a re-vote, I think Australia should bid again."

Bonita Mersiades, a former FFA official who worked on the Australian bid before leaving in the wake of her complaints over the role of European-based consultants on the bid, said FIFA needed "a complete overhaul."

"The tipping point came in November I think, when the summary by the ethics committee of the investigation into the World Cup bidding (for 2018 and 2022) was so absurd, and then you had the man who did that investigation, Michael Garcia, saying as much," Mersiades told Sydney's Daily Telegraph newspaper. "All the while we've known this investigation by the American authorities was going on in the background and yes, today's events are unprecedented. Certainly it gives the world of football an opportunity on Friday (the presidential vote) to get FIFA's house in order."

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲一区二区三区精品国产 | 男女免费观看视频 | 日韩精品无码一区二区三区 | 亚洲综合在线视频 | 精品视频国产狼人视频 | 欧美黄区| 黄色三级毛片网站 | 国产亚洲欧美日韩在线看片 | 欧美日韩免费播放一区二区 | 久久久综合视频 | 99成人精品 | 久久久精品久久 | 国产精品久久永久免费 | 亚洲乱视频 | 最新亚洲精品国自产在线观看 | 性色午夜视频免费男人的天堂 | 久久久久亚洲精品中文字幕 | 97se亚洲综合在线韩国专区福利 | 国产美女午夜精品福利视频 | 久久免费精品 | 亚洲一级片在线播放 | 91久久国产成人免费观看资源 | 久久爱青青草 | 亚洲美女视频在线 | 一级看片免费视频囗交 | 欧美国产综合日韩一区二区 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片欧美 一级做a爰片久久毛片人呢 | 亚洲国产欧美在线成人aaaa | 日本成人在线看 | 97在线精品 | 特级黄色毛片视频 | 一区二区三区免费视频观看 | 日韩欧美亚洲中字幕在线播放 | 18性欧美69 | 国产日韩三级 | 亚洲男人的天堂久久无 | 日韩经典欧美精品一区 | 韩国精品欧美一区二区三区 | 操欧美美女 | 日本理论片免费高清影视在线观看 | 亚洲欧洲日产国码一级毛片 |