久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Tennis

Zhang vows to do his homework

By Agence France Presse In Beijing (China Daily) Updated: 2015-10-07 08:37

'Watch and learn' is rising star's challenge ahead of facing Djokovic

China's Zhang Ze promised to watch and learn from Novak Djokovic after he registered one of the biggest wins of his career to set up an expected meeting with the world No 1.

Zhang, listed at 219 in the world rankings, savored a rare victory over a top-100 player after he upset Uzbekistan's 70th-ranked Denis Istomin 6-3, 1-6, 6-3 on Monday in the opening round of the China Open.

China's top player is used to hunting out video of the obscure opponents he comes up against on the second-tier Challenger Tour and qualifying tournaments, but he'll have no difficulty finding footage of Djokovic, the 10-time Grand Slam-winner who is on a 25-match unbeaten streak in Beijing.

Nevertheless, the 25-year-old dutifully promised to study hard in his usual fashion before facing the Serbian great - and to enjoy the occasion in front of his home fans.

"After I saw the draw, I knew that I would meet first a qualifier and then Novak. A lot of people say, 'Cheer up, I hope you can meet Novak'," Zhang said.

"What I was focusing on was the first round. I'm really happy. I'll prepare for the next match. I know Novak is the best in the world. I will watch his videos and I will just enjoy the match.

"I will try my best to prepare. I will check out his videos and just try to learn."

While Zhang was contemplating the biggest match of his career, Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska was calling for the tennis season to be slashed to nine months as tired and injured players continue to drop like flies during the end-of-year swing.

At the China Open, world No 2 Maria Sharapova is out with an injury and top seed Simona Halep retired in the first round with an Achilles problem.

Eugenie Bouchard was forced out of her match with the lingering effects of concussion, and Petra Kvitova and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga also lost in the opening round after feeling faint.

Those casualties came on the heels of Garbine Muguruza being unable to finish the Wuhan Open final last week and Serena Williams' announcement that she would skip the end of the season for extra rest.

Radwanska, the fourth seed in Beijing, spoke after struggling past Mona Barthel in three sets on Monday night. Another senior player, Caroline Wozniacki, said many minds were elsewhere at this time of the year.

"For sure, all of us are," she said, when asked if she was now thinking about the end-of-year break. "We can't wait to just get a few weeks off and recharge the batteries."

Radwanska, the world No 8, said players are nearly unanimous in wanting a shorter season and suggested a September cut-off.

"I think everybody wants that," she said, when asked if she would like a shortened schedule - adding that she would be willing to forfeit the prize money from playing extra events.

The final stanza of the tennis season is busy with 15 tournaments on the full women's tour and 14 on the men's after the start of the US Open in late August. Both tours end in November.

Most events are not mandatory but players are scrambling to qualify for the lucrative season finales, which for the women is wide open this year, especially as the injury toll rises.

Zhang vows to do his homework

(China Daily 10/07/2015 page12)

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产综合视频在线观看一区 | 手机在线一区二区三区 | 一区二区视频在线 | 国产一级做a爰片在线看免费 | 久久综合久久综合九色 | 日韩亚洲一区中文字幕在线 | 精品视频免费在线观看 | 精品老司机在线视频香蕉 | 亚洲成a人片在线v观看 | 日韩一级精品视频在线观看 | 国语精品视频在线观看不卡 | 国产精品男人的天堂 | xoxoxoxo欧美性护士 | 大视频在线爱爱爱爱 | 亚洲成人一级片 | 日韩高清在线不卡 | 黄色三级在线 | 美女脱了内裤张开腿让男人桶网站 | 欧美精品18videos性欧美 | 国产免费一级高清淫曰本片 | 国产午夜毛片一区二区三区 | 色久在线 | 精品国产一区二区三区不卡 | 欧美成年视频 | 韩国美女激情视频一区二区 | 99久久国产综合精品五月天 | 日本www高清 | 久久久久久久国产精品毛片 | 国产亚洲欧美日韩在线看片 | 一个人看的www日本高清视频 | 欧美人性影片免费看 | 97在线公开视频 | 在线免费成人 | 成年女人毛片免费观看97 | 曰本一区| 久久99九九精品免费 | 中文字幕一区二区在线视频 | 青青草国产免费久久久91 | 亚洲午夜18| 九九视频免费精品视频免费 | 日本黄网站高清色大全 |