久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Soccer

German FA boss Niersbach resigns over 2006 scandal

Updated: 2015-11-10 10:02

FRANKFURT - German FA (DFB) president Wolfgang Niersbach resigned on Monday over a 2006 World Cup scandal, buckling under mounting pressure over an issue that has tarnished the reputation of the world's biggest national soccer federation.

German FA boss Niersbach resigns over 2006 scandal

Wolfgang Niersbach, president of the German Football Association (DFB) reacts as he makes a statement to the media at the DFB headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany November 9, 2015. [Photo/Agencies] 

Niersbach, under investigation for tax evasion in relation to the affair, said he was taking the responsibility for a controversial 6.7 million euro ($7.22 million) payment to FIFA allegedly used to bribe officials of world soccer's governing body to vote for Germany's World Cup hosting bid.

He again denied any wrongdoing.

"In order to protect the DFB and the position, I step down as president with a heavy heart," Niersbach told reporters. "I decided to resign because I realised I had to take the political responsibility."

At the heart of the investigation is the 2005 payment from the DFB that Der Spiegel magazine alleged was a return on a loan from the-then Adidas CEO Robert-Louis Dreyfus to help buy votes for Germany's successful World Cup bid at the FIFA election in 2000.

"I was there from the first day of the 2006 World Cup bid until the end....and in all these years I worked not only in a clean way but also with passion and trust," Niersbach said later in a DFB statement.

Niersbach, an executive committee member at FIFA and European soccer's ruling body UEFA, had been at the DFB for a quarter of a century, climbing up from spokesman to general secretary and eventually president in 2012, succeeding Theo Zwanziger.

"That makes it even more depressing and painful to be confronted nine years later with processes I had nothing to do with. I want to make it clear once more that I was not aware of the payments in question. That's what makes the decision to suffer the political consequence so much harder."

LOEW SHOCK

Germany coach Joachim Loew said he was stunned by the 64-year-old's resignation.

"I just found out 10 minutes ago and I am shocked and surprised," Loew told reporters as his team gathered for forthcoming international matches.

"Apart from all the legal facts I think Wolfgang was a fantastic person and a fantastic president for us. He did everything for football. So I personally feel very sorry he stepped down."

Last week more than 50 police and tax investigators raided the DFB headquarters plus the homes of Niersbach and other officials.

They were searching for evidence to back up suspicions by the Frankfurt prosecutor's office that Niersbach, a 2006 World Cup organising committee vice president, Zwanziger and another former committee member did not pay tax on the 6.7 million euros.

A Der Spiegel report in October alleged a slush fund was set up with Dreyfus' financial support to buy votes for Germany's World Cup bid.

The DFB and Niersbach, plus then-organising chief Franz Beckenbauer, rejected the votes-for-cash claims.

Niersbach said an internal investigation was underway to find out why the amount was paid to FIFA and what was it used for.

Asked at a news conference on Oct. 22 why the DFB had paid FIFA the amount, he replied: "I don't know".

($1 = 0.9285 euros)

 

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品免费久久久免费 | 在线免费观看亚洲 | 日本欧美视频在线 | 国产精品毛片va一区二区三区 | 日韩毛片免费视频一级特黄 | 亚洲 欧美 都市 自拍 在线 | 美美女高清毛片视频免费观看 | 国产精品视频久久久 | 国产精品资源在线 | 欧美日韩视频二区三区 | 日韩性网| 国产亚洲福利一区二区免费看 | 888米奇在线视频四色 | 神马午夜在线 | 男人和女人的做刺激性视频 | 久草综合在线观看 | 亚洲精品国产精品精 | 亚洲成人影院在线观看 | 日韩欧美在线观看 | 日本在线加勒比 | 91久久另类重口变态 | 九九成人免费视频 | 亚洲精品无码专区在线播放 | 免费国产成人 | 亚洲日本高清影院毛片 | 操亚洲 | 91成人在线免费观看 | 一级毛片韩国 | 欧美成在线 | 亚洲精品不卡在线 | 日韩免费一级毛片欧美一级日韩片 | 欧美人禽杂交狂配毛片 | 天堂av影院 | 99r8这是只有精品视频9 | 97免费在线 | 久久精品国产屋 | 亚洲男人的天堂在线 | 免费国产成人高清在线看软件 | 午夜一级毛片免费视频 | 久久精品国产一区二区三区 | 欧美在线成人午夜影视 |