久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
Sports
Home / Sports / Snooker

Snooker head: No plans for more tournaments in China

By Dominic Morgan in Wuxi, Jiangsu province | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2017-07-02 22:29

There are no plans to hold more major snooker tournaments in China despite the huge popularity of the game here, the head of world snooker's governing body announced during a press conference in Wuxi, Jiangsu province on July 2.

Snooker head: No plans for more tournaments in China

China's top snooker player Ding Junhui answers reporters' questions at a press conference in Wuxi, Jiangsu province, on July 2. Ding, the world number four, was born in Wuxi and is a former World Cup champion. [Photo by Pan Qi/chinadaily.com.cn]

Interest in snooker has skyrocketed in China in recent years, with 210 million Chinese viewers tuning in to watch TV coverage of the 2016 World Championship, according to World Snooker, the event's organizers.

But Chinese snooker fans will not have more opportunities to watch their heroes live for the foreseeable future, according to Jason Ferguson, chairman of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA).

"We share this belief with the China Billiards and Snooker Association (CBSA) that between four and six major events in China per season is about the right amount," said Ferguson.

China is scheduled to host four of the 19 ranking events during the 2017-2018 season, plus a couple of high-profile invitation-only events such as the World Cup, which begins in Wuxi on Monday.

However, this number still appears low considering the vast number of snooker fans in China, which dwarfs even the sport's traditional heartland in the UK.

An estimated 45 million Chinese watched the afternoon sessions of Ding Junhui's World Championship final against Mark Selby last year, more than ten times the peak audience for the BBC's live coverage.

Ferguson pointed to the large increase in the number of Chinese ranking events between 2008 and 2013, when China's allocation increased from two to five, as evidence of world snooker's pivot to the Far East.

But he also hinted that the WPBSA's attention has now shifted elsewhere as the organization tries to grow the sport around the world.

"We have to consider other countries around the world. We're delighted to see here so many new players—new players from Europe," said Ferguson.

Continental Europe will host three of snooker's 19 ranking events this season, four if you include the competition in the British colony of Gibraltar.

There are also doubts about the future of another Chinese event, the World Cup, which has been held in Wuxi since 2015.

With the 2017 edition of the tournament set to cue off on Monday, Wuxi is still yet to extend its deal to continue hosting the event.

"We have been negotiating with … [China's] General Administration of Sport and the WPBSA to continue holding the snooker event in Wuxi. We will continue talking about this issue during the 2017 World Cup … and we'll get a definite answer soon," said Yang Yuhua, deputy director of the Wuxi sports bureau.

The World Cup is an invitation-only event but has proved popular with players, sponsors and broadcasters.

Six of the top seven players in the snooker world rankings will compete in Wuxi on July 3-9, with new sponsors Little Swan helping to boost the total prize money on offer to $800,000.

Millions are expected to watch the tournament on TV, with broadcasters including China's national network CCTV and Eurosport set to show live coverage of the action.

This year's World Cup will feature 24 teams representing 23 different countries, a sign of snooker's increasing global reach.

When the sport's first World Cup was held in 1979, just six teams were involved.

China has high hopes of winning the tournament for the third consecutive time.

As hosts, it is the only nation to enter two teams. An "A" team featuring world number four Ding Junhui and 12th-ranked Liang Wenbo will play alongside the defending champions Zhou Yuelong and Yan Bingtao.

Previous 1 2 3 Next

Most Popular

Highlights

What's Hot
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人手机视频在线观看 | 91资源在线播放 | 免费高清国产 | 九九久久精品这里久久网 | 中文在线免费视频 | 国产微拍精品福利视频 | 国产一级精品高清一级毛片 | 亚洲特黄视频 | 一级特黄一欧美俄罗斯毛片 | 亚洲日韩精品欧美一区二区 | a毛片视频 | 免费观看欧美精品成人毛片能看的 | 1024色淫免费视频 | 日本一区二区不卡久久入口 | 国内真实愉拍系列情侣自拍 | 久久国产一区二区三区 | 成年女人毛片 | 一本三道a无线码一区v小说 | 免费在线观看一级毛片 | 寡妇野外啪啪一区二区 | 国产精品成人在线 | 国内真实愉拍系列情侣自拍 | 成年人毛片| 欧美 另类 精品一区视频 | 国产成人午夜福在线观看 | 天干夜天天夜天干天ww | 国产com | 精品国产一区二区三区久 | 欧美精品成人 | 97超频国产在线公开免费视频 | 成人免费夜片在线观看 | 在线看国产视频 | 久久的精品99精品66 | 一级a性色生活片久久毛片 一级a做爰片欧欧美毛片4 | 久草视频免费播放 | 亚洲精品91香蕉综合区 | 国产午夜亚洲精品一区网站 | 97精品国产综合久久久久久欧美 | 九月婷婷亚洲综合在线 | 特级毛片a级毛免费播放 | 成年人在线观看免费 |