久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

   

At least 82 dead in Indonesia quake

(AFP)
Updated: 2007-03-06 21:17

At least 82 people were killed Tuesday and hundreds injured in a 6.3-magnitude earthquake that rocked Indonesia's Sumatra island, officials said.

flee to the streets after strong earthquakes hit the city of Padang in West Sumatra March 6, 2007. Two strong earthquakes hit Indonesia's Sumatra island on Tuesday, killing at least 70 people, flattening buildings and sending emergency operations into full swing to deal with the injured and displaced.
Indonesians flee to the streets after strong earthquakes hit the city of Padang in West Sumatra March 6, 2007. Two strong earthquakes hit Indonesia's Sumatra island on Tuesday, killing at least 82 people, flattening buildings and sending emergency operations into full swing to deal with the injured and displaced. [Reuters]
"The toll won't stop rising because the quake happened in a relatively populated region," said Damien Personnaz, a spokesman for children's agency UNICEF, who gave the figure of 82 dead.

Two UNICEF teams are in Sumatra monitoring the situation.

Hundreds of others were injured, Rosmini Savitri, an official in the disaster zone, told AFP by phone.

"The number of people injured has become 257," she said.

The quake hit at 10:49 am (0349 GMT), the US Geological Survey said, about 50 kilometres (30 miles) northeast of the West Sumatra capital Padang. Tanah Datar, Solok and Padang were among the worst hit areas in Sumatra.

It appeared to have been followed by an aftershock almost as strong.

Hospitals in Solok and other areas on Sumatra were already working at full capacity and unable to treat more people, rescue coordinator Suryadi told AFP by telephone from the disaster zone.

A spokesman for President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono had earlier said at least 70 were killed and scores injured.

He said the president may go to the disaster site and had ordered police, military, local authorities and government ministers to coordinate to do all they could to bring relief to the stricken areas.

Many people were trapped in collapsed buildings and there was no official information about the situation at the quake's epicentre because phone lines were down, Utjin Sudiana, West Sumatra's police chief, told AFP.

"The epicentre is in Batusangkar but communication is disconnected from there so we don't know what the damage is," he said.

Solok mayor Samsurahim said there was widespread damage.

"Several houses have collapsed. There are hundreds of victims," he told ElShinta radio, adding that a school had burnt to the ground after the quake.

Indonesia, an archipelago of some 17,000 islands, sits on the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire, where continental plates meet -- and where earthquakes are a regular and often deadly occurrence.

Indonesia was the nation worst hit by the earthquake-triggered Indian Ocean tsunami in December 2004, which killed some 168,000 people in Aceh province on the northern tip of Sumatra.



Top World News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人公开免费视频 | 久久精品免费全国观看国产 | 欧美成人ass| 国产日韩在线观看视频 | 成人国产精品免费视频不卡 | 亚洲精品国产综合久久一线 | 手机在线播放视频 | 免费视频观看在线www日本 | 国产uv1区二区三区 国产va免费精品高清在线观看 | 亚洲国产成人99精品激情在线 | 欧洲乱码伦视频免费 | 久久精品男人的天堂 | 日本道在线播放 | 九九九九视频 | 亚洲国产日韩欧美综合久久 | 毛片亚洲毛片亚洲毛片 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久不卡 | 欧美一级成人 | 久久免费视频网站 | 欧美一区二区日韩一区二区 | 亚洲精品高清视频 | 99久久国产免费中文无字幕 | 亚洲视频2 | 国产欧美在线一区二区三区 | 自拍1页 | 欧美日韩精品乱国产 | 情侣偷偷看的羞羞视频网站 | 久久久久琪琪精品色 | 免费一级毛片麻豆精品 | 伊人波多野结衣 | 国产福利不卡一区二区三区 | 精品国产91久久久久久久a | 日韩毛毛片 | 久久久国产成人精品 | 玖草资源在线 | 亚洲国产一区二区三区最新 | 成年毛片| 亚州色吧| 国产精品亚洲精品一区二区三区 | 亚洲国产精品一区二区三区 | 成人免费视频软件网站 |