久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Second NATO helicopter crashes

Updated: 2011-08-08 20:59

(Agencies)

  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

KABUL - A NATO helicopter crashed in Afghanistan's east on Monday but there were no apparent casualties, officials said, a reminder of the dangers of the war after 38 people were killed in an air incident two days ago, the largest single loss of foreign forces in 10 years. ?

Another NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) helicopter made a "hard landing" in Paktia province, a volatile area in Afghanistan's east, on Monday, other officials said.

"There were no casualties," ISAF spokesman Lieutenant Colonel David Doherty said. An investigation was underway but it appeared there was no enemy activity in the area at the time.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed in a text message sent to Reuters that the Islamist group had shot down the helicopter, another Chinook, in the Zurmat district of Paktia, killing 33 American soldiers.

The Taliban often exaggerate claims in attacks against foreign troops and Afghan security forces and government targets, although they correctly identified the number killed in the weekend's Chinook crash in Wardak.

A worrying surge of military deaths is being matched by record casualties among civilians, who continue to bear the brunt of a war that appears to have become bogged down despite claims of success from both sides.

On Monday, three hundred angry Afghans took to the streets in central Ghazni province carrying the bodies of two people they claimed had been killed during a raid by ISAF troops.

Civilian casualties caused by foreign troops hunting insurgents have long been a major source of friction between Kabul and its Western backers. UN figures show such casualties hit record levels in the first six months of 2011, although it blamed 80 percent of them on insurgents. ?

NATO officials are still investigating the cause of a helicopter crash two days ago that killed 38 people, including 30 US soldiers, seven Afghan commandos and an Afghan interpreter.

The Taliban claim to have shot down that troop-carrying CH-47 Chinook helicopter in central Maidan Wardak province and a US official in Washington, who asked not to be identified, said that helicopter was believed to have been shot down.

"We're still not aware of the cause of the incident, this is a very vital part of the investigation," said Brigadier General Carsten Jacobsen, senior spokesman for the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).

"The area in which the helicopter was operating was known to be not free of insurgents," he told a news conference.

ISAF has imposed a security crackdown on the area while the grim task of recovering the aircraft and the bodies of those killed is completed, although some residents have complained about some of the measures that have been taken.

"I can only advise (civilians) not to try to approach the site of the crash while the investigation is ongoing," Jacobsen said . ? ?

Hot Topics

The European Central Bank (ECB) held a conference call late on Sunday ahead of the market opening, pledging the ECB will step in to buy eurozone bonds with efforts to forestall the euro zone's debt crisis from spreading.

主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人精品日本亚洲网址 | 国产最爽的乱淫视频国语对 | 在线成人天天鲁夜啪视频 | 在线成人aa在线看片 | 韩国激情啪啪 | 亚洲视频综合网 | 欧美日韩精品高清一区二区 | 中文字幕在线看片成人 | 91福利精品老师国产自产在线 | 在线观看亚洲天堂 | 国产偷怕 | 欧美日本一区二区三区道 | 美女张腿男人桶免费视频 | 韩国美女激情视频一区二区 | 久草在在线 | 日本国产最新一区二区三区 | 国产伦一区二区三区四区久久 | 国产欧美综合在线一区二区三区 | 成人男女视频 | 男女上下爽无遮挡午夜免费视频 | 九九久久精品这里久久网 | 韩国毛片在线观看 | 日本一区二区三区不卡在线视频 | 91极品尤物| 久久久久女人精品毛片 | 国产短视频精品一区二区三区 | 日本高清色www | 亚洲a级片| 毛片手机在线观看 | 久久精品免费观看久久 | 亚洲视频在线精品 | 亚洲精品在线播放视频 | 国内精品一区二区三区最新 | 乱码一区 | 免费人成在观看 | 亚洲精品第一国产综合野 | 成人在线播放视频 | 在线a毛片免费视频观看 | 亚洲视频免费观看 | 国产亚洲精品一区二区久久 | 亚洲福利国产精品17p |