久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

Blasts, heavy gunfire heard in Libyan capital

Xinhua | Updated: 2011-08-21 14:46

Blasts, heavy gunfire heard in Libyan capital
A building Libyan officials described as a civil engineering office lies flattened after being bombed overnight by NATO in Tripoli, August 20, 2011. [Photo/Agencies]

BENGHAZI/TRIPOLI - Libyan rebels claimed Sunday the endgame had come for the fight to take over Tripoli, while Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi dismissed reports that he has left the besieged capital.

Abdel Hafiz Ghoga, vice-chairman of the Benghazi-based rebel National Transitional Council (NTC), said "the zero hour has started" and that rebels in Tripoli have "risen up" in coordination with the NTC.

Blasts, heavy gunfire heard in Libyan capital
According to Al Jazeera, sustained gunfire and explosions have been rocking Tripoli overnight, and the fighting inside the capital prompted celebrations among rebels and Western media's speculation that Gaddafi's 41-year rule might be approaching the end.

But Gaddafi's officials insisted early Sunday the Tripoli revolt had been crushed, a few hours after it began.

Gaddafi's spokesman, Moussa Ibrahim, told state press that a small number of rebel forces had infiltrated the capital, but had been dealt with. He said the city is safe.

But Bashir Sewehli, a Libyan activist, told Al Jazeera that the clashes in Tripoli are still going on.

"The military airport is under control of the rebels, and there are other areas in and around Tripoli as well. The rebels are waiting for reinforcements," he said.

"The news has not been coming through because of the fighting, but we will know more in the next coming hours," he added.

BBC correspondent Matthew Price wrote from Tripoli via his Twitter account that the situation there "did go quiet for a bit but appears it was a lull. Sounds of heavy fire now and explosions..."

Though embattled, Gaddafi remained defiant as he delivered a speech on state television in the early hours of Sunday.

In the audio message, he blamed the rebels for burning and destroying "everything" in the country, which was something unacceptable in the holy Ramadan month.

He said the rebels' deeds were all "scandals" under the guise of democracy, and he called the opposition "traitors" who didn't represent Libya. He also urged his supporters to start their search for the "rats."

During the speech, Gaddafi said he was now in Tripoli, rejecting reports that he had fled town.

But a senior rebel official said Gaddafi made the speech via satellite phone and was not in the capital.

Anticipating that, Gaddafi said "they (the rebels) will say this message is recorded... It's Sunday, the 21st of August. Time is 1:37 in Libya time."

Later on, Gaddafi's son Seif al-Islam vowed in a pre-recorded speech aired by the state TV not to "abandon the fight," saying the government forces "will resist for six months, one year, two years" until victory.

But he also signaled that the government is ready for talks with the rebels." If you want peace, we are ready."

Hours after capturing the key city of Zawiya 50 km west of Tripoli on Saturday, the rebels launched assaults on the capital, helped along by heavy NATO airstrikes that started after nightfall.

The Libyan rebels' military spokesman Col. Ahmed Bani confirmed to Xinhua that the rebels have taken control of the Tripoli International Airport and a weapons depot in the capital.

Rebel sources also said their forces have taken control of most of the Tajura district in eastern Tripoli and laid siege to the Mitiga airbase.

The rebels also battled with government troops in the suburb of Qadah and elsewhere, leaving an unknown number of casualties.

Despite the rebels' push toward the capital, the rebel military spokesman told reporters that the rebels had retreated from the industrial section of the strategic oil port of Brega, a day after capturing it from Gadaffi's troops.

US media reported vacationing President Barack Obama is following the latest developments in Libya, being kept up to date by aides.

 

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 99爱视频99爱在线观看免费 | 亚洲成 人a影院青久在线观看 | 色涩五月天 | 欧美日韩性视频一区二区三区 | 91撸视频| 欧美成本人视频 | 日韩精品一区在线观看 | 久久国产欧美日韩精品免费 | 日本韩经典三级在线播放 | 成年女人免费观看视频 | 欧美黄区| 黄频漫画 | 人人爽人人香蕉 | 国产精品一区二区免费 | 在线欧美国产 | 一级毛片免费播放视频 | 国产高清美女一级a毛片久久w | 韩国美女毛片 | 日本免费网址 | 国产精品拍拍拍福利在线观看 | 日本天堂网| 国产精品成人久久久久久久 | 国产成人福利夜色影视 | 中文字幕亚洲另类天堂 | 亚州一级毛片 | 欧美午夜视频一区二区 | 收集最新中文国产中文字幕 | 亚洲欧美综合久久 | 国产自愉自愉全免费高清 | 91精品在线免费 | ffyybb免费福利视频 | 黄色美女视频免费 | 欧美视频在线观看免费精品欧美视频 | 67id人成国产在线 | 国产成人午夜精品影院游乐网 | a级精品九九九大片免费看 a级毛片免费观看网站 | 一本综合久久国产二区 | 99久热在线精品视频播放6 | 日韩黄色毛片 | 韩国美女激情视频一区二区 | 亚洲国产精品看片在线观看 |