久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

C. African Republic president flees capital

Xinhua | Updated: 2013-03-25 02:40

BANGUI - Central African Republic President Francois Bozize fled the presidential palace in the capital Bangui, where rebels declared control and their triumph on Sunday after months of southward push.

"The Rebels control the town... I hope there will not be any reprisals," presidency spokesman Gaston Mackouzangba admitted in the day.

"We have taken the presidential palace. Bozize was not there, " Djouma Narkoyo, one of the rebel commanders, announced on behalf of Seleka, a loose coalition of five factions.

Chinese Ambassador to Central African Republic Sun Haichao told Xinhua on Sunday afternoon that the more than 60 Chinese nationals in Bangui would leave within the day.

China evacuated most of its citizens from the land-locked country at the end of last year, before the warring sides signed a truce in January 2013 in Libreville, the capital of Gabon.

Bozize's whereabouts remain unknown although speculation runs high that he might have fled into the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) early Sunday, as Bangui borders its southern neighbor across the Oubangui River.

Kinshasa, however, denied the allegation on Saturday afternoon. "President Bozize did not ask to come to our country," Lambert Mende, the spokesman of DR Cong, told Xinhua, in response to reports that the Congolese government had asked the UN refugee agency UNHCR to help transport Bozize's family through the border town.

Rampant lootings were reported by some residents in Bangui after rebels entered the capital on Saturday.

Looters took advantage of the mess created by the fighting between rebels and government troops, several sources told Xinhua.

The reports confirmed fear expressed by residents about the aftermath of the fall of Bangui.

"Seleka leaders employ many mercenaries who have records of looting big cities they have taken. We are worried about the same thing here in Bangui, " a resident Pierre Marcel Kamba told Xinhua on Saturday.

Amid grave concern about a state of anarchy, France says its has sent 350 troops to its former colony, where it now has 600 military personnel.

It is yet to see how Paris will deal with Seleka after its military intervention drove Al-Qaida linked rebels out of major towns in northern Mali in January.

Seleka launched a lightening blitz this week after giving the government a deadline to honor a peace deal signed in January to release political prisoners, integrate rebels into the national army and pull out South African and Ugandan troops deployed in the country to protect the Bangui-based government.

The rebels opened a second front northwest of Bangui after capturing Bossembele, while the bulk of Seleka fighters claimed control of Bossangoa and Damara, 75 km from Bangui, which had been seen as a "red line" before the signing of the Libreville accord.

There were no reports of resistance when rebels overran both towns despite the deployment of troops from the Economic Community of Central African States (CEEAC) between Bangui and Seleka fighters.

Fierce fight erupted between South African troops and rebels on Saturday at the entrance of Bangui, 12 km away from downtown.

South African troops sent to Bangui for the military training of local soldiers admitted casualties after two days of fighting with advancing rebels.

Seleka launched an insurgency on December 10, 2012, accusing Bozize of failing to implement a series of peace accords signed in Libreville since 2007.

With the mediation of regional countries, the rival sides again went to Libreville on January 11 to sign another agreement to end the crisis, under which Bozize, who came to power in 2003 in a military coup, will have no part in the next presidential election while allowed to finish his current term of office.

A new government of national unity was formed under Prime Minister Nicolas Tiangaye in February.

The government called for dialogue after Seleka detained five cabinet ministers day ago during their visit to Sibut, a transportation hub 180 km from Bangui. The call was ignored by rebels who resumed fighting after their ultimatum given to the government expired.

Central African Republic, a country of 5 million population, has been haunted by instability and poverty since its independence from France in 1960. It is listed by the United Nations as one of the poorest in the world despite its rich resources.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 美国三级在线 | 奇米第四狠狠777高清秒播 | 日本一级特黄a大片在线 | 亚洲永久中文字幕在线 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片16 | 欧美人成片免费看视频不卡 | 国产成人亚洲精品 | 韩国免费毛片 | 久久青草免费免费91线频观看 | 亚洲一区二区三区在线视频 | 久久精品国产6699国产精 | 日韩在线观看一区二区三区 | 高清不卡一区二区三区 | 国产高清无专砖区2021 | 高清 国产 日韩 欧美 | 67194成人在线观看 | 欧美一级成人一区二区三区 | 国产精品久久一区一区 | 看免费人成va视频全 | av成人天堂 | 亚洲国产精品久久久久久 | 久久国产精品视频一区 | 亚洲精品中文字幕字幕 | 亚洲国产精品一区二区久久 | 免费一级毛片在线播放不收费 | 欧美一区二区aa大片 | 国产一区二区久久久 | 成人毛片网站 | 成人亚洲国产综合精品91 | 亚洲欧美精品一区天堂久久 | 99re热精品这里精品 | 91精选视频| 久久久久久亚洲精品不卡 | 一级一级毛片免费播放 | gay毛片| 久久这| 7777在线| 欧洲97色综合成人网 | 日本成人免费在线 | 手机看片国产欧美日韩高清 | 免费看成人毛片 |