久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Make me your Homepage
left corner left corner
China Daily Website

Over 200 dead after Egypt forces crush protesters

Updated: 2013-08-15 06:29
( Agencies)

CAIRO - Egyptian security forces crushed the protest camps of thousands of supporters of the deposed Islamist president on Wednesday, shooting almost 200 of them dead in the bloodiest day in decades and polarising the Arab world's most populous nation.

Over 200 dead after Egypt forces crush protesters

Members of the Muslim Brotherhood and supporters of ousted Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi flee from tear gas and rubber bullets fired by riot police during clashes, around Cairo University and Nahdet Misr Square, where they are camping in Giza, south of Cairo August 14, 2013. [Photo/Agencies]


At least 235 people were killed in all, including at least 43 police, and 2,000 wounded, a health official said, in fierce clashes that spread beyond Cairo to towns and cities around Egypt. Deposed president Mohamed Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood said the death toll of what it called a "massacre" was far higher.

While bodies wrapped in carpets were carried to a makeshift morgue near the Rabaa al-Adawiya mosque, the army-backed rulers declared a one-month state of emergency, restoring to the military the unfettered power it wielded for decades before a pro-democracy uprising toppled autocrat Hosni Mubarak in 2011.

Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim said 43 police were among the dead. Security forces had completely cleared two protest camps in the capital and would not tolerate any further sit-ins, he said, vowing to restore Mubarak-era security.

Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawi defended the use of force, condemned by the United States and European governments, saying the authorities had no choice but to act to end "the spread of anarchy".

"We found that matters had reached a point that no self-respecting state could accept," he said in a televised address.

The authorities imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew in Cairo and several other cities including Alexandria, Egypt's second city on the Mediterranean coast.

The use of force prompted Mohamed ElBaradei, a former UN diplomat and the most prominent liberal supporter of Morsi's overthrow, to resign as vice president, saying the conflict could have been resolved by peaceful means.

"The beneficiaries of what happened today are those call for violence, terrorism and the most extreme groups," he said.

Thousands of Morsi's supporters had been camped at two major sites in Cairo since before he was toppled on July 3, and had vowed not to leave the streets until he was returned to power.

The assault, ending a six-week stand-off, defied international pleas for restraint and a negotiated political solution. Straddling the Suez Canal, a vital global trade route, Egypt is a key US ally at the heart of the Middle East and was the first Arab state to make peace with Israel.

US Secretary of State John Kerry, European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon all deplored the use of force and called for the state of emergency to be lifted as soon as possible.

Previous Page 1 2 3 Next Page

8.03K
 
Hot Topics
Japan on Tuesday unveiled the "Izumo" warship, its largest one with 248 meters in length and 38 meters in width, and is expected to deploy the military ship in March 2015 for the Maritime Self-Defense Forces.
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 九九色在线视频 | 久久成人a毛片免费观看网站 | 男人的天堂久久精品激情 | 成年女人毛片免费视频 | 天天碰夜夜操 | 亚洲精品久久9热 | 欧美成人免费在线视频 | 国产成人精选免费视频 | 欧美成人高清手机在线视频 | 久久精品国产一区二区 | 91欧美精品 | 精品视频一区二区三区免费 | 久久国产精品-国产精品 | 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁一级毛片 | 国产成人精品久久 | 在线视频区 | 日韩精品一区二区三区在线观看l | 久草在线国产视频 | 蜜桃日本一道无卡不码高清 | 台湾三级香港三级在线理论 | 国产一区a | 黄色一级片网址 | 欧美自拍视频 | 国产精品免费一区二区区 | 99re这里只有精品99 | 美国毛片亚洲社区在线观看 | 真人一级毛片免费观看视频 | 日本免费一区二区三区三州 | 国产精品极品美女自在线看免费一区二区 | 欧美视频xxxxx | 久99re视频9在线观看 | 成人欧美视频在线观看播放 | 男女乱配视频免费观看 | 欧美一级久久久久久久久大 | 国产一区二区三区不卡在线观看 | 制服丝袜怡红院 | 亚洲男人天堂手机版 | 香蕉超级碰碰碰97视频蜜芽 | 久久99国产精品久久 | 日本免费在线一区 | 91伊人影院 |