久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Middle East

Egyptian court orders Mubarak's release

Agencies | Updated: 2013-08-22 06:26

CAIRO - Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak will leave jail as early as Thursday after a court ruling that jolted a divided nation already in turmoil seven weeks after the army toppled Islamist President Mohamed Morsi.

Egyptian court orders Mubarak's release

Egypt's ousted President Hosni Mubarak sits inside a dock at the police academy on the outskirts of Cairo in this April 15, 2013 file photo. [Photo/Agencies]

Mubarak will then be put under house arrest, the prime minister's office said in a statement. The decision was authorised under Egypt's Emergency Law recently enacted under a security crackdown on Islamists, it added.

By keeping Mubarak under house arrest, Egyptian leaders may be trying to show they will not be too lenient with him to avoid angering the many Egyptians who held mass protests that led to the end of his iron rule in 2011.

Two groups of activists have already called for sit-ins in Cairo to protest against his expected release.

Convening on Wednesday at the Cairo jail where Mubarak is held, the court ordered the release of the military man who ruled Egypt for 30 years until he was overthrown during the uprisings that swept the Arab world in early 2011.

Asked when his client would go free, Mubarak's lawyer, Fareed al-Deeb, told Reuters: "Maybe tomorrow".

Mubarak, 85, was sentenced to life in prison last year for failing to prevent the killing of demonstrators. But a court accepted his appeal earlier this year and ordered a retrial.

The ailing ex-president probably has no political future, but some Egyptians were indignant at the court ruling, which state prosecutor Ahmed el-Bahrawi said cannot be appealed.

"The army has brought back Mubarak's regime, the same regime," said Guma Abdel Alim, outside a bicycle shop in central Cairo. "Those who were elected by the people are now in prison."

He was referring to a widescale security sweep on Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood that has netted many of its leaders.

Shopworker Rubi Abdel Azim said Mubarak had been the worst ruler in Egypt's history, but a passerby in a worn-out shirt disagreed. "He was the greatest president," said Nagi Hassan.

Political turbulence has kept Egypt on edge for months. At least 900 people, including 100 soldiers and police, have been killed in a crackdown on Morsi supporters in the past week, making it the country's bloodiest internal episode in decades.

Mubarak's release could add to tensions in a country where the Muslim Brotherhood has accused the army of trying to bring back the old regime.

"Today there was a decision to release him. Naturally that will cause a backlash in large segments in the Egyptian street," said analyst Adel Soliman.

Previous 1 2 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久九九国产精品怡红院 | 亚洲一区视频在线 | 亚洲精品综合一区二区三区在线 | 欧美一区二区三区不卡免费 | 国产精品日本不卡一区二区 | 久久中文字幕久久久久91 | 中文字幕亚洲高清综合 | 日本免费毛片在线高清看 | 女人张开腿让男人桶免费网站 | 亚洲国产欧美日韩 | 最新国产精品好看的国产精品 | 亚洲香蕉久久一区二区三区四区 | 国产精品久久久久一区二区三区 | 成年女人毛片免费播放视频m | 日韩欧美三级在线观看 | 日韩一区二区免费看 | 色情毛片| 国内自拍在线视频高清 | 欧美高清视频在线 | 中文字幕欧美日韩一 | 九九久久免费视频 | 国产三级日产三级日本三级 | 国产一区二区三区四区波多野结衣 | 97香蕉久久夜色精品国产 | 91亚洲国产成人久久精品网站 | 沈樵在线观看福利 | 精品久久久久久久久久久 | 国产中的精品一区的 | 日本亚州在线播放精品 | 兔子先生节目在线观看免费 | 伊人资源 | 日本在线亚州精品视频在线 | 久久爱com | 99精品视频在线观看免费 | 中文字幕在线成人免费看 | 深夜国产| 国产乱肥老妇精品视频 | 欧美一级毛片aaa片 欧美一级毛片不卡免费观看 | 一级毛片在线免费观看 | 成人做爰视频www在线观看 | 2020久久国产最新免费观看 |