久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Dozens dead in migrant shipwreck off Sicily

Agencies | Updated: 2013-10-12 09:48

Dozens dead in migrant shipwreck off Sicily

A rescued migrant carries his child as he disembarks from an Armed Forces of Malta (AFM) ship at the AFM Maritime Squadron base at Haywharf in Valletta's Marsamxett Harbour October 12, 2013. [Photo/Agencies]

PALERMO, Sicily - Dozens of people died on Friday when a boat carrying around 250 migrants capsized between Sicily and Tunisia, in the second such shipwreck this month, the Italian coastguard said.

The Italian news agency ANSA reported that around 50 corpses had been sighted, including around 10 children, following the incident about 60 miles (100 km) south of the tiny island of Lampedusa.

Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat told a news conference in Valletta there were indications at least 27 people had died "and the number is expected to rise, possibly drastically".

At least 339 people drowned on October 3 when a boat carrying Eritrean and Somali migrants sank near Lampedusa, southwest of Sicily.

The Maltese navy said one of its ships had rescued 150 migrants from Friday's wreck and an Italian navy vessel had saved 56. The most seriously injured were being taken by helicopter to Lampedusa.

Maltese authorities were coordinating the rescue operation, which was in international waters but in a Maltese rescue zone, and a Maltese ship was on the scene, a spokesman for the island state's navy said.

The boat was spotted in difficulty by a Maltese military plane at around 1400 GMT, which dropped a liferaft.

"TIME FOR ACTION"

"This is not just another wake-up call for Europe. This is the time for action," Muscat said, adding he had spoken to Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta to discuss the latest disaster.

"This is a European problem, not a problem for Italy or Malta only."

Italy is asking for more European Union support and an overhaul of the bloc's immigration rules after last week's shipwreck.

Last week's disaster was one of the worst in a protracted migrant crisis in which tens of thousands of people have arrived in flimsy, overcrowded boats in southern Italy, and some vessels wrecked. Lampedusa, midway between Sicily and Tunisia, has borne the brunt.

According to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, 32,000 have arrived in southern Italy and Malta this year alone, around two thirds of whom have filed requests for asylum.

Earlier on Friday at least 500 more migrants in at least three separate boats arrived or were rescued on the way to different areas of Sicily.

Most migrants come from sub-Saharan Africa, but this year many are fleeing the civil war in Syria or political turmoil in Egypt and other parts of North Africa. Many are drawn by hopes of finding work in Europe and often do not stay in Italy.

Previous 1 2 3 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 毛片网站观看 | 手机看片av | 亚洲精品国产精品精 | 好湿好紧好痛a级是免费视频 | 精品国产一区二区三区www | 精品欧美成人高清视频在线观看 | 性感美女视频黄.免费网站 性高湖久久久久久久久 | 女人张开腿男人捅 | 欧美黑人巨大最猛性xxxxx | 一区二区三区免费 | 日本不卡一二三区 | 亚洲最大网址 | 日韩中文字幕网 | 欧美亚洲国产成人精品 | 国产手机精品一区二区 | a级特黄毛片免费观看 | 欧美日韩综合精品一区二区三区 | 国产成人综合一区精品 | 久久成人免费播放网站 | 欧美一级免费 | a欧美在线 | 精品在线视频播放 | 久久久精品国产免费观看同学 | 久久成人毛片 | 国产免费影院 | 国产精品久久久久久小说 | 性做久久久久免费观看 | 午夜影院黄 | 亚洲在线看 | 精品丝袜国产自在线拍亚洲 | 亚洲在线视频一区 | 亚洲毛片免费在线观看 | 日韩国产欧美一区二区三区在线 | 很黄很色的摸下面的视频 | 国产午夜精品理论片影院 | 91精品国产色综合久久 | 欧美a欧美1级 | 免费观看一级成人毛片软件 | japanesetubesexfree| 久视频在线观看 | 亚洲国产三级在线观看 |