久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

Suicide bomber kills 16 in Somali cafe attack aimed at foreign troops

Agencies | Updated: 2013-10-19 23:58

A suicide bomber killed at least 16 people on Saturday in an attack on a cafe in a Somali town close to the Ethiopian border frequented by local and foreign soldiers fighting al Qaeda-linked rebels.

Al Shabaab said it had carried out the bombing, in the town of Baladweyne, targeting troops participating in an African Union peacekeeping force fighting the Somali Islamist group.

"A man with an explosives jacket entered unexpectedly in the tea shop where soldiers and civilians sat ... and blew himself up," said local elder Ahmed Nur, speaking from the scene of the blast.

At least 16 people were killed and 33 wounded, local politician Dahir Amin Jesow told Reuters by telephone from Baladweyne. "The death toll may rise."

Somali and African forces pushed Al Shabaab out of Baladweyne, about 210 miles north of Mogadishu, more than a year ago.

But while the territory that al Shabaab controls has greatly dwindled over the past two years, it continues to control large rural areas and some towns and has ratcheted up guerrilla-style attacks.

"Our main target was Ethiopian and Djibouti troops who invaded our country," said Al Shabaab spokesman Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab. He put the death toll at 25.

There was no independent word on whether foreign soldiers were among the casualties.

Horn of Africa analyst Rashid Abdi said: "Al Shabaab is sending a message that it has the will and the capacity to carry out these kinds of attacks. They are also sending a message that they have huge geographic reach."

Destabilising key town

Al Shabaab demonstrated the capacity to strike at far-away targets last month when its gunmen raided a shopping mall in Nairobi, hurling grenades and spraying bullets at shoppers as punishment for Kenya sending troops to Somalia.

Uganda on Friday heightened its "terror" alert to maximum for the first time since bombings in 2010 that killed 79 people, citing domestic and US intelligence indications of a possibly imminent attack by al Shabaab.

Abdirahman Omar Osman, spokesman for President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, said of Saturday's bombing: "That suicide attack was deliberately aimed at destabilize the city and this is something we will not tolerate and it will not stop our plan to establish a local government in the region."

Straddling a major highway that links south-western Somalia to southern and northern parts of the country, Baladweyne is the main gateway to the Ogaden region in Ethiopia and a strategically vital area that Addis Ababa has often controlled.

Analyst Abdi said Baladweyne is now probably more secure than it was a year ago despite grenade attacks and targeted killings.

"In a way this attack is also a message of weakness as al Shabaab are not able to carry out a conventional assault on the town in the way they use to two years ago," he said.

 

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线观看国产日韩 | 日韩毛片一级 | 色伊人国产高清在线 | 91亚洲精品一区二区福利 | 欧美另类videosbestsex视频 | 99久久免费国产精精品 | 色久在线 | 久久黄色免费网站 | 久久久久综合 | 成年女人毛片免费播放视频m | 国产成人精品微拍视频 | 国产精品欧美一区二区三区不卡 | 狠狠五月深爱婷婷网 | 特色毛片 | 国产香港特级一级毛片 | 99久久这里只精品国产免费 | 性盈盈影院影院67194 | 成人性色生活片免费网 | aaa在线观看 | 国产伦精品一区二区三区网站 | 国产美女一区二区三区 | 精品亚洲综合久久中文字幕 | 岛国大片在线播放免费 | 亚洲三级免费 | 日韩精品一区二区三区在线观看 | 毛片国产 | 国产自一区 | 亚洲欧美在线不卡 | 日韩美女一级片 | 在线观看一区 | 欧美一级xxx | 在线亚洲一区二区 | 精品日韩欧美 | 欧美精品一区二区三区免费观看 | 国产99久久精品 | 亚洲乱码国产一区网址 | 欧美日韩国产58香蕉在线视频 | 国产精品亚洲综合天堂夜夜 | 免费一级欧美片在线观免看 | 国产一区二区三区在线视频 | 又黄又爽又刺激的视频 |