久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

Sisi in focus as Egyptians vote on constitution

Agencies | Updated: 2014-01-15 11:43

Sisi in focus as Egyptians vote on constitution

An Egyptian woman carries her son as she votes at a polling station in Cairo, Egypt, Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014. [Photo/icpress]

CAIRO - Egyptians voted on Tuesday for the first time since the military deposed president Mohamed Mursi on a draft constitution that may set the stage for a presidential bid by army chief General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.

At least nine people were killed in confrontations between Muslim Brotherhood supporters and police, official sources said. Two small bombs went off, one in Cairo and one in the Nile Delta city of Mahalla, injuring no one.

The Brotherhood, still backing Mursi who is now in jail, has called for a boycott and protests over the draft, which deletes Islamic language written into the basic law approved a year ago when he was still in office. It also strengthens state bodies that defied him: the army, the police and the judiciary.

While a state crackdown has erased many freedoms won by the 2011 uprising against president Hosni Mubarak, anticipation of more stable government sent the stock market on Tuesday to its highest level since his downfall. The main index exceeded its January 2011 peak, in its fourth straight gain.

The referendum is a milestone in the political transition plan the army-backed government has billed as a path back to democracy even as it presses a fierce crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's best organised party until last year.

A presidential election could follow as early as April.

Echoing a view widely held in Egypt, a senior European diplomat said Sisi would probably announce his candidacy in the next few days - a prospect that will delight supporters but could stir more conflict with his Islamist opponents.

With little or no sign of a campaign against the draft - one moderately Islamist party says its activists were arrested while campaigning for a no-vote - it is expected to pass easily, backed by many Egyptians who staged mass protests on June 30 against Mursi and the Brotherhood before his removal.

"We are here for two reasons: to eradicate the Brotherhood and take our rights in the constitution," said Gamal Zeinhom, a 54-year-old standing in line at a Cairo polling station.

Others cited a desire to bring stability to Egypt after three years of turmoil.

Previous 1 2 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品91一区二区三区 | 亚洲成人一级 | 成人满18在线观看网站免费 | a级毛片免费观看网站 | 亚洲精品久久精品h成人 | 亚洲国产在 | 国产黄色免费网站 | 欧美日韩亚洲另类 | 久久欧美 | 国产精品网站 夜色 | 国产成人综合网亚洲欧美在线 | 欧美日一级 | 免费国产a | 国产日产韩产麻豆1区 | 国产一级视频久久 | 国产精品自拍合集 | 韩国免费一级成人毛片 | 天堂素人搭讪系列嫩模在线观看 | 久久99精品热在线观看15 | 亚洲成人在线免费观看 | 国产精品亲子乱子伦xxxx裸 | 国产日本欧美亚洲精品视 | 亚洲国产成人久久综合一区77 | 精品久久久久久免费影院 | 韩国巨胸女三级视频网 | 欧美日韩国产一区二区三区播放 | 久久怡红院 | 亚洲天堂久久新 | 久草免费资源在线 | 视频一区二区三区在线 | 91亚洲国产成人久久精品网址 | 午夜精品一区二区三区在线观看 | 国产精品每日更新在线观看 | 国产精品日韩一区二区三区 | 国产黄a三级三级看三级 | 国产一级大片 | 亚洲第一网色综合久久 | 日本午夜人成免费视频 | 免费a网址 | 大胆gogo999亚洲肉体艺术 | 亚洲欧美日韩高清 |