久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

Egypt diplomats kidnapped in Libya

Agencies | Updated: 2014-01-26 11:45

TRIPOLI - Five Egyptian diplomats kidnapped in Tripoli in retaliation for Egypt's arrest of a Libyan militia chief pleaded on Saturday for their government to free him to secure their release.

Gunman snatched four diplomatic staff from their homes in the Libyan capital on Saturday, including the cultural attache, and kidnapped another on Friday, forcing Cairo to evacuate its embassy and its Benghazi consulate.

The kidnappings of so many diplomats underlined Libya's persistent chaos two years after Muammar Gaddafi's fall, with heavily-armed former rebels and Islamist militants who fought in the uprising still challenging state authority.

Calling themselves Libyan revolutionaries, the kidnappers contacted Al-Arabiya television channel to demand the release in 24 hours of Libyan militia chief Shaban Hadia, and put one of the Egyptian diplomats on the line.

"The kidnappers have demands and we ask these demands are met and the defendant Abu Hadia be released," a man called Shirbini from the Egyptian cultural center told the channel.

"We won't free the diplomats unless the sheikh is freed within 24 hours," one of the kidnappers said, without giving details of what would happen after that deadline.

Hadia is a commander in the Islamist-leaning Operations Room for Libya Revolutionaries, one of the many militias which fought Gaddafi in the 2011 NATO-backed uprising, but have since refused to disarm and accept Tripoli's authority.

The Operations Room, whose former rebel fighters were nominally hired by the government to secure Tripoli, was accused of briefly abducting Libya's Prime Minister Ali Zeidan in Tripoli in October last year.

The group denied it was involved in the Egyptian diplomatic kidnappings, but on Friday had warned there would be a strong response if Hadia was not released.

"What we have been warning the Egyptian authorities about since yesterday is that this kind of response was to be expected because of the security situation in the country," commander Adel al-Gharyani told Reuters.

Egypt's state news agency MENA said the Egyptian ambassador and numerous diplomats and their families had arrived back in Cairo after the government evacuated the embassy in Tripoli and the consulate in Benghazi as a precaution.

Libyan officials said they were in contact with the kidnappers and an Egyptian foreign ministry spokesman confirmed Hadia was under investigation in Egypt.

"If there is no charge at the end of it then he will be released," he told Al Arabiya. "He will be treated kindly and we expect good treatment of the Egyptians."

MILITIA CHAOS

The Operation Room's commanders operate nominally under the command of Libya's military chief of staff and their commanders rejected any involvement. On Friday they initially warned Egypt of a "strong response" unless Hadia was freed.

The Operations Room is one of the scores of militia groups who battled Gaddafi's forces. But since his fall, rival militias and former rebels have fought turf wars and often used their military muscle to make demands on the government.

Thousands of former fighters are on the government payroll associated with the interior ministry or the defense ministry in an attempt to coax them to join regular armed forces. But many still stay loyal to their brigade commanders.

One former rebel commander who worked for the state-run Petroleum Facilities Guards defected in August and has since seized three key oil ports and held them for months to demand more autonomy from the central government.

When armed gunmen snatched the prime minister from his luxury hotel room in Tripoli in October, the Operations Room first claimed it had arrested Zeidan. They later denied they were involved, when he was released after several hours.

Zeidan, a liberal, had upset Libyan Islamists last year when he visited Egyptian chief of staff General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi after the military deposed Egypt's Islamist president, Mohamed Mursi, following protests against his rule.

Libya's General National Congress is split between the Islamist JCP party, political wing of the Muslim Brotherhood, and the nationalist National Forces Alliance. Some militia brigades are allied to rival political factions.

A number of foreigners have been abducted and attacked in Libya in recent weeks. Security forces in Tripoli earlier this week freed a South Korean trade official held for days by kidnappers who officials said were not politically motivated.

An American teacher was shot dead in Benghazi in December, and in January a British man and a New Zealand woman were killed on a beach in western Libya.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产免费一级精品视频 | 久久99久久99| 自拍三级| 日韩欧美视频一区二区 | 国产亚洲综合精品一区二区三区 | 国产成人精品久久一区二区小说 | 香蕉久久成人网 | 欧美日韩国产人成在线观看 | 亚洲欧美自拍一区 | 三级c欧美做人爱视频 | a级毛片毛片免费很很综合 a级毛片免费 | 欧美三级黄 | 亚洲人成a在线网站 | 免费人成网站免费看视频 | 自拍 第一页 | a级片在线免费播放 | 欧美在线 | 欧美 | 在线免费观看毛片网站 | 欧美激情欧美狂野欧美精品免费 | 免费一级网站免费 | 亚洲自拍小视频 | 日本一区二区三区不卡视频中文字幕 | 国产综合精品久久久久成人影 | 成年男女免费视频 | 日韩综合网站 | 亚洲一区二区三区久久 | 亚洲视频在线一区 | 日韩在线看片中文字幕不卡 | 午夜久久网 | 久久中文亚洲国产 | 日韩精品中文字幕一区二区三区 | 久草视频免费在线看 | 亚洲一区二区三区四区五区六区 | www.色片| 日韩一区精品 | 久久中精品中文 | 视频精品一区 | 精品一区二区在线观看 | 波多野结衣被强在线视频 | 一级片免费的 | 亚洲成年男人的天堂网 |