久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Middle East

683 Islamists get death sentence

By Agence France-Presse in Minya, Egypt (China Daily) Updated: 2014-04-29 08:59

An Egyptian court sentenced Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie and 682 other alleged Islamists to death on Monday, a lawyer and prosecutor said, after two brief sessions the defense partly boycotted.

The same court in the southern province of Minya also reversed 492 of 529 death sentences it passed in March, commuting most of those to life in prison.

The court, presided over by judge Said Youssef Sabry, had sparked an international outcry with its initial sentencing last month amid an extensive crackdown on supporters of ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.

Under Egyptian law, death sentences are referred to the top Islamic scholar for an advisory opinion before being ratified. A court may choose to commute the sentences, which can later be challenged at an appeals court.

The judge will confirm the verdict on June 21.

'Farcical' trial

Of the 683 people sentenced on Monday, only about 50 are in custody. The others have a right to a retrial if they hand themselves in.

Monday's hearing lasted just 10 minutes, said Khaled Elkomy, a defense lawyer who was in court.

The verdict was the first against Badie, spiritual head of Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood, in the several trials he faces on various charges along with Morsi himself and other Brotherhood leaders.

Those sentenced on Monday were accused of involvement in the murder and attempted murder of policemen in Minya province on Aug 14, the day police killed hundreds of Morsi's supporters during clashes in Cairo.

Defense lawyers boycotted the last session, branding it "farcical" after the mass death sentencing, which the United Nations denounced as a breach of international human rights law.

Lawyer Elkomy claims that 60 percent of the 529 defendants, including teachers and some doctors, have evidence that "proves they were not present the day they were accused of attacking the Matay police station" in Minya, a statement by human rights group Avaaz said.

The government has defended the court's handling of the first mass death sentences, insisting that the sentences were passed only "after careful study" and were subject to appeal.

Prosecutor Abdel Rahim Abdel Malek defended the charges against the 529.

"We have strong evidence that incriminates all those sentenced to death," he said.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 黄色网址网站在线观看 | 亚洲免费高清视频 | 国产在线观a免费观看 | 成人网中文字幕色 | 欧美午夜精品久久久久久黑人 | 日本在线资源 | 99爱免费观看视频在线 | 美女黄页黄频 | 久久亚洲精品中文字幕 | 久久久久久久久一级毛片 | 欧美一级大片免费观看 | 国产成人精品日本亚洲麻豆 | 国产在线播放成人免费 | 波多野结衣一级视频 | 免费一级毛片在线播放 | 美女图片131亚洲午夜 | 91久久免费视频 | 久久免费视频在线观看 | 国产区一区二区三 | 一区二区三区四区视频 | 亚洲 欧美 国产 中文 | 99在线观看精品视频 | a久久99精品久久久久久不 | a毛片在线 | 亚洲黄网址 | 欧美黑寡妇特a级做爰 | 久久99亚洲精品久久久久99 | 久草视频在线看 | 亚洲操综合 | 国产精品不卡 | 国产综合久久一区二区三区 | 精品一久久 | 亚洲综合首页 | 久久一级片 | 在线播放波多野结衣 | 一级a做爰片欧欧美毛片4 | 长腿美女被啪的欲仙欲死视频 | 你懂的国产精品 | 九九精品久久久久久噜噜 | 国产国语对白一级毛片 | 国产在视频线精品视频www666 |