久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Home / World / Africa

Egypt's Sisi officially declared president

Updated: 2014-06-04 10:10 (Xinhua)
Comments

Egypt's Sisi officially declared president

Judge Anwar al-Assi (R), chairman of the election commission, announces the result of the election at a press conference in Cairo, Egypt, June 3, 2014. Egypt's presidential election commission on Tuesday officially announced ex-military chief Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi to be the new president of the most populous Arab state, after achieving a landslide victory over leftist candidate Hamdeen Sabahy in the three-day polls held in late May. [Photo/Xinhua]



CAIRO - Egypt's presidential election commission on Tuesday officially announced ex-military chief Abdel- Fattah al-Sisi to be the new president of the most populous Arab state, after achieving a landslide victory over leftist candidate Hamdeen Sabahy in the three-day polls held in late May.

"Presidential candidate Abdel-Fattah Saeed Hussein Khalil al- Sisi got 23,780,104 votes, which represents 96.91 percent of the votes," Judge Anwar al-Assi, chairman of the election commission, announced at a press conference, adding that leftist leader Sabahy got 757,511 of the total valid votes, which represent about 3.1 percent.

Assi said that more than 25 million out of the 53.9 million eligible voters joined the polls, giving a voter turnout of 47.45 percent.

"The valid votes were 24,537,615, representing 95.93 percent of the votes, while the invalid votes were 1,040,608, representing 4. 07 percent of the votes," he said.

"Accordingly, the winner of the post of president of the Arab Republic of Egypt is Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi," Assi announced.

The head of the commission said the election was "fair and free " and was monitored by more than 100,000 foreign observers and over 15,500 local observers, noting that the European Union, the African Union, the Arab League, the European and the Arab parliaments as well as other regional and international bodies took part in monitoring the polls.

The vote was previously scheduled for May 26 and 27, but the commission decided to extend voting for an extra day due to the hot weather and to give a chance to non-resident voters to go back to their original provinces to cast their votes, according to Assi.

He added that the commission had to recount seven polling stations and invalidate eleven others across the country to maintain the transparency of the results.

In his first statement after the result is officially announced, Sisi praised all voters and also commended his leftist presidential rival Sababy "for providing an earnest chance" for a democratic competition.

"I will work earnestly to achieve good living, freedom, human dignity and social justice for all Egyptians," President Sisi said in a televised speech on Tuesday evening. He urged all Egyptians to work together for the success of the country.

In response, the defeated candidate Sabahy congratulated Sisi on Tuesday evening over the phone and wished him success, according to official Ahram news website. Sabahy has previously admitted his loss in the elections, saying he respected voters' choice.

Meanwhile, a lot of Sisi's supporters took to the streets and public squares across the country on Tuesday, including the iconic Tahrir Square in the capital Cairo, to celebrate his victory.

Military tanks closed all roads leading to the Tahrir Square, allowing only pedestrians to enter, as many Egyptians were there since the afternoon waving flags of Egypt and raising posters of Sisi.

They also set off fireworks and played national songs, chanting statements of support for Sisi, whom they see as a strong leader who can rule the country after three years of political chaos and economic woes.

A number of Arab leaders also sent congratulatory telegrams to the newly elected president and to offer support for Egypt and its citizens under the new leadership.

Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud told Sisi in a telegram on Tuesday that his election as president marked "a historical day and a new stage for Egypt."

"We're glad to congratulate you on the honorable confidence of the people who have trusted you with their hopes, aspirations and dreams of a better future," the kingdom's state news agency SPA quoted the king as saying.

The king also called all supporting states around the globe to hold a donor conference to revive Egypt's flagging economy.

"I would say to brothers and friends across the globe that Egypt is in dire need for our support today to get out of its tunnel of the unknown," the Saudi king said.

Saudi Arabia, a major regional powerhouse, has thrown its weight behind Sisi since he led the military ouster of former Islamist President Mohamed Morsi last July, pledging a package of aids worth billions of US dollars to help the turmoil-stricken country.

Sisi received similar congratulatory telegrams from President of United Arab Emirates Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah, Jordanian King Abdullah II, Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi and Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika.

Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Page

Most Popular
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人精品一区二区激情 | 亚洲一区二区免费 | 成年女人午夜免费视频 | 国产精自产拍久久久久久蜜 | 日韩毛片欧美一级国产毛片 | 久久国产精品自线拍免费 | 精品一区二区三区四区在线 | 日韩看片 | 国产v日韩v欧美v精品专区 | 韩国一级黄色大片 | 国产大片免费天天看 | 日本美女一区二区三区 | 欧美一区二区三区在线观看 | 一级毛片免费不卡夜夜欢 | 成年片美女福利视频在线 | 一区免费在线观看 | 最新国产三级 | 亚洲一区二区三区高清网 | 精品日韩一区二区三区视频 | 国产一区精品在线观看 | 午夜性刺激免费视频观看不卡专区 | 久久久久久久国产视频 | 国产短裙黑色丝袜在线观看下 | 久久国产乱子伦精品免费不卡 | 手机看片毛片 | 五月色婷婷综合开心网亚 | 黄色三级网| 国产精品久久久久免费 | 亚洲欧美精品一区天堂久久 | 狠狠色丁香久久婷婷综 | 无码孕妇孕交在线观看 | 欧美在线高清视频 | 国产一区二区精品久 | 亚洲天堂在线观看视频 | 中文字幕在亚洲第一在线 | 97国内免费久久久久久久久久 | 精品久久久久久综合日本 | 精品欧美高清不卡在线 | 成年女人毛片免费视频 | 欧美精品束缚一区二区三区 | 台湾三级在线播放 |