久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Middle East

Rebels in Iraq take control of 2nd-biggest city

By Agence France-Presse in Mosul, Iraq (China Daily) Updated: 2014-06-11 07:17

Gunmen seized Iraq's second-largest city on Tuesday as troops threw away their uniforms and abandoned their posts, officials said, in another blow to the authorities, who appear incapable of stopping militant advances.

Predominantly Sunni Muslim Mosul, 350 kilometers north of Baghdad, has long been a militant stronghold and one of the most dangerous areas in the country.

Capital of Nineveh province, it is the second city after Fallujah, west of the capital, that the government has lost this year.

"The city of Mosul is outside the control of the state and at the mercy of the militants," an interior ministry official told AFP, saying soldiers had fled after removing their uniforms.

Adding that the gunmen were Sunni, he said they announced over loudspeakers that they had "come to liberate Mosul and would fight only those who attack them".

A brigadier general in the military command responsible for Nineveh said clashes with hundreds of militants from the jihadist Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant began late on Monday.

He said military units withdrew from the city's east to its west, and then began leaving the city, with the militants now in control.

The militants seized the headquarters of the provincial government and the Nineveh Operations Command as well as the airport, and freed hundreds of prisoners from three jails, according to the officer.

An AFP journalist, himself fleeing the city with his family, said shops were closed, security forces had abandoned vehicles and a police station had been set ablaze.

Militants have launched major operations in Nineveh, Anbar, Diyala, Salaheddin and Baghdad provinces since Thursday, killing scores of people and highlighting both their long reach and the weakness of Iraq's security forces.

In early January, the government lost control of Fallujah, just a short drive from Baghdad.

Violence is running at its highest levels since 2006-2007, when tens of thousands were killed in sectarian conflict between Iraq's Shiite majority and Sunni Arab minority.

More than 900 people were killed last month, according to figures separately compiled by the United Nations and the government.

So far this year, more than 4,600 people have been killed, according to AFP figures.

Officials blame external factors for the rising bloodshed, particularly the civil war in neighboring Syria. But analysts say widespread Sunni Arab anger with the Shiite-led government has also been a major factor.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩一区在线播放 | 97国产在线视频公开免费 | 久久黄色影院 | 亚洲综合国产一区二区三区 | 免费看特级毛片 | 国产欧美va欧美va香蕉在线观 | 最刺激黄a大片免费观看下截 | 国产欧美日韩精品一区二区三区 | 成人男女网18免费0 成人男女网18免费看 | 亚洲欧美国产一区二区三区 | 波多野结衣在线播放视频 | 亚洲天堂影院在线观看 | 精品久久久中文字幕二区 | aaaaaa精品视频在线观看 | 欧美日韩亚洲一区二区三区 | 国内精品久久久久久网站 | 欧美精品国产精品 | 欧美在线一区视频 | 秘书高跟黑色丝袜国产91在线 | 久久曰视频 | 国产一级特黄特色aa毛片 | 一级 黄 色 片免费 一级aaaaaa毛片免费 | 国产精品黄色 | 亚洲综合久久久久久中文字幕 | 中文字幕在线成人免费看 | 欧美aaaaaabbbbb | 久久综合九九亚洲一区 | 日本精品视频一区二区三区 | 国产成人精品精品欧美 | 亚洲国产精品线播放 | 国产成人亚洲综合网站不卡 | 亚洲国产日韩欧美综合久久 | 黄网站在线播放视频免费观看 | 一级特黄特黄毛片欧美的 | 精品久久久久久久久久久久久久久 | 一级作爱视频免费观看 | 欧美aaaaaa| 丁香伊人五月综合激激激 | 欧美午夜激情影院 | 成人观看视频又黄又免费 | 欧美一级久久久久久久久大 |