久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Middle East

Israelis, Palestinians begin new talks

By Reuters in Gaza and Jerusalem (China Daily) Updated: 2014-08-12 09:12

Egypt urges two sides to work toward comprehensive and lasting cease-fire

Israeli and Palestinian negotiators resumed indirect talks mediated by Egypt on Monday on ending the month-old Gaza war, Egypt's state news agency said, as a new 72-hour truce appeared to be holding.

The Israeli military said one rocket was launched at the Tel Aviv area, in Israel's commercial heartland, before the cease-fire began on Sunday and may have landed in the sea. Gaza's dominant Hamas group said it fired the rocket.

A senior Israeli government official had said on Sunday that Israeli negotiators, who had left Cairo on Friday hours before a previous three-day cease-fire expired, would return to Egypt to resume the talks only if the new truce held.

Hamas is demanding an end to Israeli and Egyptian blockades of the Gaza Strip and the opening of a seaport in the enclave - a project Israel said should be dealt with only in any future talks on a permanent peace deal with the Palestinians.

A month of war has killed 1,938 Palestinians and 67 Israelis while devastating wide tracts of densely populated Gaza, and Egypt's Foreign Ministry has urged both sides to work toward "a comprehensive and lasting cease-fire agreement".

Gaza hospital officials said the Palestinian death toll has been mainly civilian since the July 8 launch of Israel's military campaign to quell Gaza rocket fire.

Israel has lost 64 soldiers and three civilians, while heavy losses among civilians and the destruction of thousands of homes in Gaza have drawn international condemnation.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said the new negotiations would be "the last chance" for an agreement. Israeli representatives are not meeting face-to-face with the Palestinian delegation because it includes Hamas, which Israel regards as a terrorist organization.

Long-term truce

Israeli Strategic Affairs Minister Yuval Steinitz said in a radio interview on Monday that disarming Gaza militants was crucial to sustaining a long-term truce, and he hoped this could be done by diplomacy rather than force.

"I certainly hope that there will be a diplomatic solution. If there will not be a diplomatic solution, I am convinced that sooner or later, we will have to opt for a military solution of taking temporary control of Gaza to demilitarize it again," he told Israel Radio.

Another sticking point in the Cairo talks has been Israel's demand for guarantees that Hamas would not use any reconstruction supplies sent to Gaza to build tunnels of the sort that Palestinian fighters have used to infiltrate Israel.

Hamas has demanded an end to the economically stifling blockade of the enclave imposed by both Israel and Egypt, which also sees the Islamist movement as a security threat.

Israel has resisted easing access to Gaza, suspecting Hamas could then restock with weapons from abroad.

According to the United Nations, at least 425,000 displaced people in the Gaza Strip are in emergency shelters or staying with host families. Nearly 12,000 homes have been destroyed or severely damaged by Israeli attacks.

In Gaza, shops began to open and traffic was normal as some displaced families returned to the homes they had been forced to abandon during Israeli attacks, expressing hopes that this truce would last after a series of failed cease-fires.

"God knows if it is permanent," said Abu Salama, a resident of Gaza's Shejaia district, as he and his family headed home on a donkey cart. "A truce, no truce, it is becoming like Tom and Jerry," he said, referring to the classic US cat-and-mouse cartoon that is notorious for its over-the-top violence.

"We want a solution," Salama said.

(China Daily 08/12/2014 page12)

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线观看免费国产成人软件 | 亚洲人成网站在线观看播放 | 成人毛片免费网站 | 日本高清在线精品一区二区三区 | 一级爱 | 免费欧美一级 | 一级不卡毛片免费 | 国产精品久久久久久久免费大片 | 久久99精品久久久久久野外 | 国产精品人成人免费国产 | 国产精品一区在线播放 | 三级视频在线 | 亚洲an日韩专区在线 | 国产精品毛片一区二区三区 | 欧美一级毛片免费网站 | 美女白浆视频 | 日韩一区二区三区精品 | 国产三级视频在线播放 | 另类专区另类专区亚洲 | 免费一级成人免费观看 | 99久久免费视频在线观看 | 欧美一区二区在线视频 | 日韩久久一区二区三区 | 黄网站色视频免费观看w | 久色视频在线 | 一级毛片免费视频网站 | 欧美人成人亚洲专区中文字幕 | 国产精品久久久久久久免费 | 亚洲毛片免费在线观看 | 欧美亚洲日本视频 | 国产精品国产三级国产专区5o | 国产精品免费看久久久久 | 91精品成人福利在线播放 | 国产精品国色综合久久 | 欧美一级片网 | 免费人成年短视频在线观看免费网站 | a毛片免费在线观看 | 国内自拍在线观看 | ppypp日本欧美一区二区 | 日本一级特大毛片 | 普通话对白国产精品一级毛片 |