久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Middle East

US militant in Syria presumed killed

By Associated Press in New Hope, Minnesota (China Daily) Updated: 2014-08-28 07:02

A US man who is thought to have been killed in Syria had gone there to fight alongside an extremist militant group, most likely the Islamic State, a US official said.

Investigators were aware that Douglas McCain was in the country to support the militant group, but they did not yet have his body and were trying to verify information about his presumed death, according to the official, who was not authorized to discuss by name an ongoing investigation and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

A relative, Kenneth McCain, said on Tuesday that the US State Department had called to tell his family that Douglas McCain had been killed in Syria. "We do not know if he was fighting anyone," McCain said.

US officials, concerned over what they say is a growing threat posed by the extremist Islamic State group, say surveillance flights have begun over Syria on the orders of President Barack Obama. The move could pave the way for airstrikes against the radicals, who control a large part of eastern Syria and who crossed into Iraq earlier this year. The militant group also killed US journalist James Foley and is holding a US woman hostage.

It was unclear when Douglas McCain, who had most recently lived in San Diego, traveled to Syria. He grew up outside Minneapolis in the town of New Hope.

A cousin, Kenyata McCain, told The Minneapolis Star Tribune that she had spoken to him as recently as Friday, and "he was telling all of us he was in Turkey".

"I know that he had strong Muslim beliefs," she said. "But I didn't know that he was in support of ISIS. I didn't think he would be."

At an apartment complex in New Hope, Shelly Chase remembered McCain as a friendly boy who welcomed her 9-year-old son, Isaac, when the Chase family moved in some two decades ago. Even though McCain was a few years older, the boys lifted weights, hit punching bags and played basketball together.

Both Chase and her son, now 28, fought back tears as they talked about McCain.

"I'm holding in the tears, I really am, because this is hard. He was a good kid," Chase said. "Someone must have persuaded him."

US law enforcement and intelligence officials have expressed concern about the influence of hard-line jihadists, who are among the rebels seeking to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Officials say sympathizers from the US or Europe looking to join the cause could become radicalized and import those influences and terrorist skills when they return home.

FBI Director James Comey said in June that roughly 100 people had left the United States to join the conflict in Syria.

(China Daily 08/28/2014 page11)

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产欧美另类久久精品91 | 国产精选在线 | 亚洲成人综合网站 | 成人自拍在线 | 四虎午夜剧场 | 欧美一级高清片欧美国产欧美 | 成人免费视频社区 | 日韩一级欧美一级在线观看 | 日本视频三区 | 欧美成人免费全部色播 | 美女三级在线 | 精品久久免费观看 | 国产美女又黄又爽又色视频免费 | 午夜在线播放免费人成无 | 岛国在线免费观看 | 成人爱做日本视频免费 | 透逼视频| 毛片免费全部免费观看 | 国产精品推荐 | 91精品国产91久久 | 日韩黄色片在线观看 | aaa免费看| 老司机午夜在线视频免费观 | 最近韩国日本免费免费版 | 理论片亚洲 | 免费区欧美一级毛片精品 | 在线观看精品自拍视频 | 在线观看日本www | 国产男女爽爽爽免费视频 | 国产一级网站 | 国产99高清一区二区 | 日本黄页网站免费大全 | 国产在线不卡视频 | 真实国产乱人伦在线视频播放 | 玖玖精品视频在线 | 国内精品久久久久影院亚洲 | 国产成人精品午夜视频' | 精品国产一区二区三区四区vr | 久热精品男人的天堂在线视频 | 欧美一级情欲片在线 | 免费观看一级欧美在线视频 |