久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

China goes ahead with its anti-Ebola aid

Xinhua | Updated: 2014-11-01 15:13

Since the outbreak of Ebola, the Chinese government has taken the lead in responding to the appeal of the affected countries and the World Health Organization (WHO).

Starting from April this year, China, the first foreign country to provide assistance to the affected nations, has delivered three batches of emergency relief items to the affected countries. The fourth batch is under way.

In addition to providing fund, food, and disease prevention materials, China also set up laboratories and holding centers and sent expert groups and medical teams to the affected countries.

On Friday in Beijing, China pledged to continue its assistance to those African countries.

"China's assistance will not stop as long as the Ebola epidemic (continues) in West Africa," said Lin Songtian, director of the Chinese Foreign Ministry's African Affairs Department.

So far, China has directed aid worth 122 million dollars in four batches to West African countries.

The fourth batch of assistance, announced on Friday for the construction of a 100-bed treatment center in Liberia, will be managed and operated by a medical team from the People's Liberation Army (PLA), said Lin.

The treatment center will be the only one in the three epidemic-stricken countries that is constructed, staffed and operated by a foreign country, Lin added.

The Chinese government has selected and trained 480 medical staff from the PLA to be sent to Liberia.

Also in the fourth round of assistance, China will provide 60 ambulances, 100 motorcycles, 10,000 health-care kits, 150,000 pieces of personal protection equipment as well as other materials such as hospital beds, pick-up trucks and incinerators.

The Asian country will send more health experts to help train local medical personnel and draft a long-term plan for China-Africa public health cooperation.

Besides, China will donate 6 million dollars to the UN Ebola Response Multi-partner Trust Fund and work with international organizations and countries concerned to help African countries, Lin said.

Lin said there are nearly 200 Chinese medical staff in West Africa at present and with the addition of the fourth batch of assistance, the experts and medical staff sent by China to the region will surpass 700.

The WHO on Friday unveiled its latest revised figures, saying 4,951 people had died of Ebola in eight countries and a total of 13,567 Ebola cases were reported, as of October 29.

Earlier this week the WHO had reported 4,922 deaths and 13,703 cases, most deaths were in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.

It said the case figure was revised down after finding that some cases, particularly in Guinea, were not actually Ebola.

The latest WHO figures showed Liberia with 2,413 deaths in 6,535 cases of Ebola, Sierra Leone with 1,510 deaths in 5,338 cases, and Guinea with 1,018 deaths in 1,667 cases.

Meanwhile, the organization on Friday published recommendations on personal safety protection to health workers for treating patients with filovirus infection, including Ebola and Marburg.

The guideline listed a dozen recommendations, from head to toe.

On top of the list is the protection of one's eyes, nose and mouth, as the main route of infection is through contact of contaminated blood or other bodily fluids like vomit and sweat, with the mucous membranes.

The experts recommended health workers have these organs covered with personal protective equipment (PPE) whenever they provide clinical care. Choices include face shields, goggles and medical masks.

A second area the guideline focused on is the protection of hands. Double gloves are recommended to reduce the potential risk of transmission due to glove holes, or chemical erosion.

Although PPE is the most visible control to prevent transmission, the WHO says that it must be used together with other means of controls, including facilities protecting nursing areas, water and sanitation, and waste management and ventilation.

Previous 1 2 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本欧美一区二区三区在线 | 国产粉嫩高中生无套第一次 | 亚洲精品久一区 | 暖暖视频日韩欧美在线观看 | 日本aaaa精品免费视频 | 国产玖玖玖精品视频 | 视频久久精品 | 亚洲成人播放 | 亚洲精品亚洲一区二区 | 色午夜在线 | 久久久久久国产视频 | 中文字幕一区在线观看 | 深夜福利国产福利视频 | 久久久久综合 | 久久99热精品免费观看欧美 | 国产一区二区免费不卡在线播放 | 亚洲精品免费观看 | 国产欧美日韩在线一区二区不卡 | chinese宾馆自拍hd | 我看毛片 | 成人黄色免费网站 | 精品免费久久久久欧美亚一区 | 国产成人综合日韩精品婷婷九月 | 国产精品手机在线亚洲 | 欧美一级在线毛片免费观看 | 国产真实乱子伦精品视 | 国产日韩欧美在线观看不卡 | 欧美一级特黄aaaaaa在线看首页 | 午夜精品久视频在线观看 | 韩国porno xxxx | 成年人黄视频在线观看 | 免费一级毛片女人图片 | 欧美a在线看 | 亚洲高清无在码在线无弹窗 | 一级毛片中国 | 男人的天堂在线精品视频 | 久草在线播放视频 | 一级国产在线观看高清 | 特黄aa级毛片免费视频播放 | 91亚洲自偷手机在线观看 | 亚洲一级毛片免费在线观看 |