久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

South Korea cuts rates as MERS clouds outlook; 14 new cases

(Agencies) Updated: 2015-06-11 15:16

South Korea cuts rates as MERS clouds outlook; 14 new cases

A health care worker in full protective gear checks on a patient who is infected with Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) inside an isolation ward at Seoul Medical Center in Seoul, South Korea, June 10, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]

SEOUL - A deadly outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) forced South Korea's central bank to cut interest rates on Thursday as authorities reported 14 new cases.

Worry in South Korea about the outbreak has been reflected across the region with dozens of suspected cases being tested in Hong Kong, though none confirmed, and many thousands of trips to South Korea cancelled.

South Korea's outbreak, with 122 cases and nine deaths, is the largest outside Saudi Arabia and began last month when a 68-year-old South Korean businessman brought the disease back from a trip to the Middle East.

All subsequent infections have been traced to the original patient and happened in health facilities.

President Park Geun-hye has put off a trip to the United States to deal with the disease as the total number of cases rises daily.

The central bank of Asia's fourth biggest economy said it had to act and cut its policy rate by 25 basis points to a record-low 1.50 percent.

"We decided to cut rates today in a pre-emptive move to contain the economic fallout from MERS," Bank of Korea Governor Lee Ju-yeol told a media briefing.

Economic policymakers were already under pressure to stimulate the economy as weak global demand and a strong won have dented exports and discouraged spending by consumers and companies.

One positive sign was a fall in the number of South Korea's schools and universities that have closed.

The total dipped to 2,431 on Thursday from about 2,700 the previous day after a joint team of experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) and South Korea recommended that schools be reopened as they were unlikely to spread the disease.

"We all need to put behind us excessive fear and psychological withdrawal over MERS and try to go back to normal daily lives next week so we can minimise the impact on the economy," Kim Moo-sung, who heads the ruling Saenuri party, said at a party meeting.

Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产91丝袜美腿在线观看 | 日本中文字幕不卡免费视频 | 亚洲精品高清久久 | 精品国产一级毛片 | 色片在线播放 | 亚洲免费网址 | 在线观看免费为成年视频 | 国产一区亚洲二区三区 | 久久久久久久亚洲精品一区 | 亚洲国产人成中文幕一级二级 | 欧美一级大片在线观看 | 免费观看欧美成人h | 日韩精品一级毛片 | 成人www视频网站免费观看 | 国内视频一区 | 亚洲黄色片网站 | 色老久久精品偷偷鲁一区 | 巨乳激情| 99久久精品免费看国产四区 | 久久久久成人精品一区二区 | 国产在线观看一区 | 欧美一级毛片片aa视频 | 日本一线a视频免费观看 | 国内精品久久国产大陆 | 成人软件网18免费视频 | 亚洲国产成a人v在线观看 | 日韩性色| 国产国产成人人免费影院 | 久久网站免费 | 一级毛片在线不卡直接观看 | 97在线观看免费视频 | 免费一级欧美片在线观看 | 最新版天堂资源中文官网 | 九九九九热精品视频 | 日本高清色本在线www | 99re伊人| 日本久草视频 | 久久青草网站 | 色在线网站免费观看 | 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合小时婷婷 | 日本高清精品 |