久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Europe

Interpol suspends $22M FIFA project during corruption crisis

(Agencies) Updated: 2015-06-12 19:34

GENEVA - Interpol suspended its 10-year, 20 million euro ($22.4 million) partnership with FIFA on Friday while soccer's governing body is implicated in bribery allegations.

The international police liaison group said it will "freeze the use of financial contributions from FIFA" which are used to fight match-fixing.

Interpol secretary general Juergen Stock took the decision "in light of the current context surrounding FIFA."

By distancing itself from FIFA, Interpol added to the toxic image of soccer's governing body.

The Vatican had hours earlier suspended a deal to accept charitable funds from CONMEBOL, the South American soccer confederation which is implicated in the ongoing US federal investigation of widespread corruption.

Interpol's relations with FIFA are closely tied to President Sepp Blatter, who has said he will step down as a result of the corruption investigations.

"All external partners, whether public or private, must share the fundamental values and principles of the organization," Stock said in a statement.

FIFA seemed to be stunned by the move, and said it was "reaching out" to the Lyon, France-based Interpol for talks.

"This successful program is unrelated to the current issues surrounding FIFA and we believe that this unilateral decision will negatively impact the fight against criminal activity," FIFA said in a statement.

Last week, Interpol issued a global alert about two former FIFA officials and four marketing executives who face racketeering conspiracy charges in the United States.

The six are among 14 men indicted by the US Department of Justice in a widening investigation. Four more men have made guilty pleas and further indictments are expected.

An Interpol alert was issued for disgraced former FIFA vice president Jack Warner, who is linked to $10 million payments channeled through FIFA as apparent bribes to vote for South Africa as the 2010 World Cup host. Warner has been let out on bail in his native Trinidad and Tobago and is to return to court on July 9.

In May 2011, FIFA agreed to fund a 10-year program to tackle match-fixing operated from an Interpol base in Singapore. It was hailed then as the largest private donation ever received by Interpol.

The timing of that deal _ three weeks before a presidential election _ was criticized as a campaigning tool used by Blatter. The partnership was signed at FIFA headquarters in Zurich by Stock's American predecessor, Ronald Noble.

One year later, Noble was key to recommending Michael Garcia to FIFA when it appointed the former Interpol vice president as its ethics prosecutor.

The agreement between Interpol and FIFA includes a clause that FIFA must be "compatible with the principles, aims and activities of Interpol," the police body said Friday.

Four years ago, FIFA said the project "will provide cutting-edge training, education and prevention to protect the sport, the players and the fans from fraud and corruption."

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本三级香港三级人妇r | 夜间福利在线观看 | 免费一区二区三区久久 | 久草视频手机在线 | 男人天堂网在线观看 | 久操免费在线视频 | www.久久视频 | 成人三级在线播放 | 国产亚洲人成在线影院 | 美国一级毛片片aa成人 | 网红主播大尺度精品福利视频 | 午夜视频在线观看一区 | 亚洲一级毛片免费在线观看 | 亚洲图片一区二区 | 国产成人综合91香蕉 | 欧美一级二级三级 | 国产成人 免费观看 | 国产精品久久久久国产精品 | 国产成人综合精品一区 | 欧美成人午夜做爰视频在线观看 | 欧美成人黄色 | 免费视频 久久久 | 亚洲九九视频 | 孕妇交| 九九色综合 | 国产精品国产三级国产an | 国内自拍小视频 | 国产自在自线午夜精品 | 久久精品国产屋 | 米奇精品一区二区三区在线观看 | 亚洲国产老鸭窝一区二区三区 | 久草久草 | 精品日本一区二区三区在线观看 | 久久国产精品-久久精品 | 欧美性色生活免费观看 | 欧美成人午夜片一一在线观看 | 波多野结衣在线观看一区二区三区 | 黄色三级视频网站 | 国产三级日本三级日产三 | 欧美一级毛片欧美一级 | 第一色区 |