久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Latin America

Raul Castro eyes 'new stage' for US-Cuba as ties to resume

(Agencies) Updated: 2015-07-16 10:20

Raul Castro eyes 'new stage' for US-Cuba as ties to resume

File photo of Cuban leader Raul Castro. [Photo/Agencies]

HAVANA - Raul Castro said Wednesday that Cuba and the United States are entering a new era as the countries prepare to restart diplomatic relations next week, though he insisted more changes in US policy toward the island are necessary.

In his first public comments since the two governments announced that their diplomatic missions currently known as "interests sections" will enjoy full embassy status beginning July 20, Castro's remarks to Cuba's parliament sounded both a welcoming and cautious tone.

"A new stage will begin, long and complex, on the road toward normalization, which will require the will to find solutions to the problems that have accumulated over more than five decades and hurt ties between our nations and peoples," Castro said in a speech that was broadcast later by state TV in the evening.

"As we have said, it is about founding a new kind of tie between both states, that is different from all our shared history," he added.

Castro acknowledged President Barack Obama's call for a debate on lifting the more than 50-year-old US trade embargo, something that would require an act of Congress.

But Cuba hopes he continues to use his executive powers "to dismantle aspects of this policy, which causes damage and hardship among our people," Castro said.

He said as far as Cuba is concerned, relations cannot be normalized as long as the embargo is in place. He also demanded the return of the US military base at Guantanamo, compensation for economic damage from the embargo, an end to US broadcasts beamed at the island and a halt to "programs that aim to promote subversion and destabilization."

His comments came during one of the National Assembly's twice-annual regular sessions in a Havana convention center.

Cuba and the United States broke off diplomatic relations in 1961 during tense Cold War times.

The near-neighbors have danced a mutually hostile lockstep ever since, until Castro and Obama's simultaneous statements Dec. 17 that they would negotiate restoration of ties. Earlier this month those talks culminated with the embassy announcement.

On Wednesday, Cubadebate posted a photo of workers at the Cuban Interests Section in Washington removing a plaque identifying it as such, ahead of its ceremonial inauguration as an embassy on Monday.

Also at parliament, officials reported that Cuba recorded an annualized economic growth of 4.7 percent in the first half of the year. That was up from a forecast of 4 percent offered last month; annual growth is expected to come in around 4 percent.

"This is very good, taking into account that last year we only grew 1 percent," Castro said.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 伊人久久大香线焦在观看 | 日韩一级一欧美一级国产 | 国产女人伦码一区二区三区不卡 | 91久久精品国产一区二区 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久久 | 精品国产系列 | 国产99视频精品草莓免视看 | 一区二区三区视频免费观看 | 国产成人免费观看在线视频 | 在线播放波多野结衣 | japanese色系国产在线高清 | 亚洲视频在线视频 | a级片在线免费播放 | 亚洲国产精品一区二区第四页 | 在线观看99| 日本在线免费播放 | 亚洲一区二区三区影院 | 亚洲制服欧美自拍另类 | 成人黄色在线免费观看 | 91精品全国免费观看 | 国产激情久久久久影 | 波多野结衣视频在线 | 最新69成人精品毛片 | 欧美整片在线 | 国产精品黄页网站在线播放免费 | 欧美特级一级毛片 | 午夜在线观看视频免费 成人 | 无国产精品白浆是免费 | 亚州人成网在线播放 | 国产美女精品视频 | 偷看各类wc女厕嘘在线观看 | 国产精品成人观看视频免费 | 亚洲一区二区三区不卡在线播放 | 成人全黄三级视频在线观看 | 亚洲 午夜在线一区 | 正在播放国产一区 | 日本在线加勒比 | 久草在线最新 | 成年女人毛片免费视频永久vip | 久草在线视频免费 | 欧美aaaaa|