久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Home / Reporters' log

Bombed hotel will open again soon, manager vows

By Hou Liqiang in Mogadishu, Somalia (China Daily)

Updated: 2015-08-03 07:35:57

8.03K

After waiting about a day, we finally received permission to visit the Jazeera Palace Hotel in Mogadishu on Wednesday.

A suicide bomber in a car rigged with explosives caused a blast there on July 26, killing at least 15 people, including a Chinese embassy security staff worker.

Bombed hotel will open again soon, manager vows

When we arrived, the scene was still one of chaos, with debris scatted everywhere. Almost the entire wall of one side of the hotel collapsed in the blast, leaving the steel beams in several pillars exposed.

Pieces of cloth could be seen clinging to the hotel's broken floors, swaying in the wind. Torn wire, sheet metal and steel bars were easily visible.

The shock wave from the explosion was so strong that even the top-floor windows on the far side of the hotel had been blown out. That was not the only damage to nearby buildings. Opposite the hotel, iron sheets were laid on the ground like pieces of hand-rubbed paper, scattered among the debris of concrete and metal.

There were two wheel hubs on the ground, which many people said were left from the car used by the bomber.

Abdimunim Moalim, operations manager at the Jazeera Palace Hotel tells me that the area around the hotel "where normal people live" had witnessed the most damage.

Standing on a road beside the hotel, I watched as a procession of armed men in various uniforms walked past, as well as some in civilian clothing. Some passed by in pickups, waving and giving me a thumbs-up.

Accompanying this "parade" was not music, however, but the nonstop noise from the machines being used to clean up and reconstruct the site. I had to shout to talk with the people around me.

Behind a temporary wall, which stretched as high as the hotel's first story, workers were busy removing debris, digging and moving around bags of cement and steel bars.

In just days, they have transformed the site of a terrorist attack into a bustling construction site.

"This explosion has happened. It was supposed to damage our business," Moalim said. "But I tell you, we will come up much stronger than ever before, and we will be operating as soon as possible."

One of the journalists in our team told me Moalim had even invited her to stay in the hotel free of charge.

Outside the canteen, I met Ali Mohamed Ahmed, a student who lives in the nearby village of Kaluunka. The 15-year-old said he was playing soccer with 11 friends when the attack happened.

He was eager to talk, but could speak only broken English. Over the noise of the reconstruction work, I heard only one sentence clearly: "When I am big, I want to protect my country."

houliqiang@chinadaily.com.cn

 
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产综合久久 | 免费小视频在线观看 | 2020国产精品| 色拍拍在精品视频69影院在线 | 免费一级欧美在线观看视频片 | 一级网站片 | 不卡一级aaa全黄毛片 | 国产成人高清精品免费观看 | 日韩国产欧美一区二区三区 | 久草在线资源网站 | 中国美女一级看片 | 国产欧美久久精品 | 亚洲综合片| 久久国产精品久久久久久 | 日本一区二区三区在线 视频观看免费 | 亚洲免费在线观看视频 | 成人www | 国产成人高清精品免费软件 | 日韩欧美毛片免费观看视频 | 国产亚洲一区二区三区 | 国产不卡视频在线观看 | 国产精品免费视频一区一 | 久久草在线视频播放 | 国产日韩欧美精品在线 | 国产在线一二三区 | 九九视频在线播放 | 欧美色性| 欧美日韩一区二区在线观看视频 | 日本不卡在线一区二区三区视频 | 欧美大片毛片aaa免费看 | 欧美特黄视频在线观看 | 欧美日韩亚洲一区二区三区 | 99久久精品免费看国产免费软件 | 久久久久久久国产精品毛片 | 手机在线黄色网址 | 欧美国产精品一区二区免费 | 手机看片1024精品日韩 | 欧美性一区二区三区 | 欧美乱大交xxxxx在线观看 | 国产成人福利视频在线观看 | 国产手机在线视频 |