久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Europe

Europe ramps up security in wake of Brussels attacks

By Chris Peterson in London (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-03-22 20:18

Europe ramps up security in wake of Brussels attacks

A police woman gestures in front of ambulances at the scene of a blast outside a metro station in Brussels, in this still image taken from video on March 22, 2016. [Photo/Agencies] More photos


European governments moved swiftly to beef up security in the wake of the attacks in Brussels which officials say killed many people and injured over one hundred people.

In London Prime Minister David Cameron chaired a meeting of COBRA, the government committee which coordinates security in the UK. It groups senior cabinet ministers, intelligence chiefs, senior police officers and military officers, including those from the elite SAS regiment.

Similar meetings were taking place in Paris, Berlin and other key European capitals, and officials said extra security was being put in place at airports and travel hubs throughout the continent.

In France, President Francois Hollande ordered an extra 1,600 police and paramilitary officers onto the streets of Paris. Security and police checks were also established at borders throughout the Schengen area of mainland western Europe, normally open to free travel between countries, officials said.

In Germany extra security was drafted in to cover key public areas as well as airports and railway stations, according to local media.

The British Broadcasting Corporation put the death toll at 31, of which?11 were killed at Zaventem Airport and?20 dead at Maelbeek metro station, near the area where many EU offices are located.

Hollande told reporters "This is a war against terrorists. France has moved to consolidate our borders. It will be a long war, but we should be calm and determined.

"Today we are with Belgium. It was Europe that was targeted, and we should be united," he added.

London mayor Boris Johnson said "We are stepping up the security presence at major security hubs. This is partly for security and partly for reassurance purposes."

Police in the British capital patrolled rail stations and airports armed with semi-automatic weapons, a rare sight in a country where the police are not routinely armed. Dogs trained in sniffing explosives were also deployed, security officials said.

Long queues formed at London"s airports, in part because of increased security checks on passengers, and in part because of delayed and cancelled flights. Brussels airport, scene of two bomb blasts, was closed, and the flight situation in Europe was compounded by a strike involving French air traffic controllers, UK television channels reported.

In Belgium armed soldiers patrolled the streets as the security threat was raised to the highest level. Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel cancelled a planned trip to China because of the situation.

Michel said he was sending up to 200 extra troops to the capital to join those already deployed, and added: "What we feared has happened. It is a black moment in our country. We should face up to this challenge by being united, and coming together."

In the UK the threat level from international terror attacks was severe, which means an attack is considered likely.

UK security officials who requested anonymity said intelligence monitoring was being shared with other security services in Europe, including so-called "chatter" on mobile devices and social media which often immediately precede an attack.

Governments throughout Europe had been on alert since gun and bomb attacks in Paris on November 13 killed 130 people and wounded hundreds of others. The suspects, many of whom died in the attacks, were traced to the Molenbeek area of Brussels, home to many migrants.

The main suspect, Salah Abdelslam, was arrested by Belgian police and special forces troops after a gun battle in Molenbeek four days ago. Government officials throughout Europe have said they feared an attack as a result of Abdelslam"s arrest, which was hailed as a breakthrough by intelligence chiefs.

French media reports said officials were sifting through the debris from today"s Brussels attacks for evidence of suicide vests, which they hoped may offer DNA and other traces to link them with the abandoned vest found after the Paris attacks in November.

To contact the reporter: chris@mail.chinadailyuk.com

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品欧美成人bd高清在线观看 | 请看一下欧美一级毛片 | 亚洲精品国产一区二区 | 久久香蕉国产线看观看精品yw | 免费人成在线观看播放国产 | 国产精品美女免费视频大全 | 在线观看91精品国产入口 | 91成年人视频 | a级毛片毛片免费观看永久 a级毛片毛片免费很很综合 | 欧美精品免费看 | 9久久99久久久精品齐齐综合色圆 | 性做爰片免费视频毛片中文i | 国产精品密蕾丝视频 | 爱福利极品盛宴 | 综合久久久久久中文字幕 | 91精品一区国产高清在线 | 国内精品久久久久久久久 | 精品国产一区二区三区在线观看 | 精品国产91久久久久 | 国产一区二区播放 | 美女啪啪网站又黄又免费 | 国产日韩亚洲欧美 | 亚洲欧美日韩一级特黄在线 | 91精品综合久久久久m3u8 | 国产精品亚洲四区在线观看 | 欧美日韩中文字幕在线视频 | 国产精品一级香蕉一区 | 欧美一级三级在线观看 | 亚洲欧美日本综合 | 国产精品.com | 亚洲国产爱久久全部精品 | 韩国美女毛片 | 亚洲男人的天堂视频 | 国产成人精品男人的天堂538 | 国产成人精品久久一区二区三区 | 91欧洲在线视精品在亚洲 | 欧美韩国日本 | 手机看片神马午夜 | 国产或人精品日本亚洲77美色 | 久草免费色站 | 欧美国产精品亚洲精品第一区 |