久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Middle East

Saudi-led coalition says kills more than 800 al-Qaida militants in Yemen

(Agencies) Updated: 2016-04-25 15:54

Saudi-led coalition says kills more than 800 al-Qaida militants in Yemen

People inspect damage at a site hit by Saudi-led air strikes in the al-Qaida-held port of Mukalla city in southern Yemen, April 24, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]

DUBAI - More than 800 al-Qaida militants were killed in an offensive by Yemeni government forces and its Arab allies in the group's main stronghold in Yemen's seaport of Mukalla, the Saudi-led coalition said.

Around 2,000 Yemeni and Emirati troops advanced into Mukalla, local officials and residents said, taking control of its maritime port and airport and setting up checkpoints throughout the southern coastal city.

There was little fighting after a mostly Gulf Arab alliance and Yemeni forces mobilised their forces at Mukalla's suburbs, and the militants may have chosen to leave peacefully.

Residents said local clerics and tribesmen had been in talks with the group earlier in the day to exit quietly and that fighters withdrew westward to neighbouring Shabwa province.

Mukalla has been the center of a rich mini-state that al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) built up over the past year as it took control of an almost 600-km (370-mile) band of Arabian Sea coastline.

The group that has masterminded several foiled bomb plots on Western-bound airliners and claimed credit for the Charlie Hebdo magazine attack in Paris last year was pocketing around $2 million a day in customs revenues from the port.

The coalition said in a statement carried by Saudi state news agency SPA late on Sunday night that many militants fled the Hadramout provincial capital they had held for a year after the offensive by supporters of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi backed by Saudi and Emirati special forces.

"Coalition armoured vehicles and the army entered Mukalla and al-Qaida fighters are departing," one resident told Reuters.

Fighter jets from the mostly Gulf Arab alliance pounded the city on Sunday and killed 30 militants, residents said, as the military coalition ramped up its offensive to wrest swathes of southern Yemen from al-Qaida.

Sunday's air strikes on al-Qaida in Mukalla were carried out in coordination with a ground offensive in militant-controlled territory further west, a Yemeni military official said.

The push is being led by the United Arab Emirates, which has been training and arming local recruits for months, according to southern Yemeni tribal and political sources.

The UAE is part of a mostly Gulf Arab coalition that intervened in Yemen's civil war in March last year to support the internationally recognised government after it was forced into exile by the armed Houthi group, an ally of Iran.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品人成网线在线 | 欧美另类 videos黑人极品 | 三级毛片基地 | 色精品一区二区三区 | 高清午夜看片a福利在线观看琪琪 | 久久九九有精品国产56 | 夜夜爱夜夜爽夜夜做夜夜欢 | 在线看片 在线播放 | 国产精品极品美女自在线看免费一区二区 | 欧美一级片播放 | 男女性生活网站 | 性欧美高清极品xx | 蕾丝视频永久在线入口香蕉 | 日本 欧美 国产 | 中文字幕乱码在线观看 | 久草在线播放视频 | 中文字字幕码一二区 | 亚洲高清在线观看视频 | 深夜福利视频在线看免费 | 高清大学生毛片一级 | 日本一级特黄大一片免 | 免费国产成人高清在线观看不卡 | 亚洲精品中文字幕久久久久久 | 成人中文在线 | 欧美性色生活片免费播放 | 国产成人免费福利网站 | 一级一片免费看 | 黄 色 成 年人网站 黄 色 免费网 站 成 人 | 国产成人高清视频在线观看免费97 | 黄色毛片国产 | 欧美精品首页 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片免费看 | 男人女人做性全程视视频 | 国产v精品成人免费视频400条 | 日本韩国一级片 | 欧美成人免费香蕉 | 久草视频在线免费看 | 国产一级片免费 | 丝袜毛片 | 欧美一级视频在线观看欧美 | 一区二区三区视频在线 |