久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

South African court orders review of decision to drop Zuma corruption charges

Agencies | Updated: 2016-04-29 19:05

South African court orders review of decision to drop Zuma corruption charges

South African President Jacob Zuma looks on before delivering an address in Polokwane, South Africa, December 20, 2007.[Photo/Agencies]

PRETORIA - South Africa's High Court ruled on Friday that a 2009 decision to drop 783 corruption charges against President Jacob Zuma was irrational and should be reviewed.

The decision in April 2009 to set aside the charges allowed Zuma to run for president in elections the same month.

National prosecutor Mokotedi Mpshe's decision at the time was based on phone intercepts presented by Zuma's legal team that suggested the timing of the charges against Zuma in late 2007 may have been part of a political plot against him.

However, Judge Aubrey Ledwaba said Mpshe's thinking and behaviour was irrational, especially his failure to disclose his decision to prosecutors until the moment he announced it to the nation at a news conference.

"If the decision had been rational and above board, why the secrecy?" Ledwaba said.

The ruling adds pressure on Zuma, who has faced calls for his resignation even from within inside the ruling African National Congress since a damning constitutional court judgment against him last month.

South Africa's rand rose towards a four-month high after the ruling, while government bonds also firmed.

"Mr. Zuma should face the charges as applied in the indictment," Ledwaba said, summarising the unanimous ruling.

It was not immediately clear whether Zuma would appeal, but the presidency said he would weigh the judgement and its consequences, adding that Zuma faced no charges in court at present.

The ANC said the ruling would not harm the party's image or its chances at the local elections in August.

The judgment does not automatically reinstate the charges against Zuma, a decision that can only come from the prosecuting authorities.

Shaun Abrahams, head of the National Prosecuting Authority, told Reuters he was studying the ruling.

Opposition Democratic Alliance leader Mmusi Maimane, whose party brought the court application, demanded the charges against Zuma be reinstated.

"Jacob Zuma is not fit to be the president of this country," he told reporters.

"The decision that they took was irrational and we still maintain that Jacob Zuma is corrupt. Jacob Zuma must face the full might of the law. He has already violated the constitution. There is no debate about that."

The hundreds of corruption charges relate to a major government arms deal arranged in the late 1990s. Zuma said last week that an investigation into the deal had found no evidence of corruption or fraud.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本成人免费在线视频 | 久青草视频在线 | 免费观看欧美一区二区三区 | 亚洲a在线播放 | 国产精品成人观看视频网站 | 亚洲六月丁香六月婷婷蜜芽 | 亚洲国产精品a在线 | 国产精品观看 | 在线视频中文字幕 | 老司机午夜性生免费福利 | 伊人五月天婷婷琪琪综合 | 九九色视频| 一区二区三区中文 | 精品厕拍 | 一级片观看| 欧美午夜网站 | 99久久免费观看 | 深夜爽爽爽福利动态图 | 本道久久综合88全国最大色 | 国产成人综合亚洲欧美在 | 国产欧美日韩高清专区手机版 | 国产免费影院 | 男操女免费视频 | 性感毛片| 久章草在线观看 | 亚洲精品xxx| 国产香蕉久久 | 欧美在线观看一区二区 | 日韩精品视频免费在线观看 | 在线一区免费播放 | 国产在线精品一区二区夜色 | 国产成人丝袜网站在线观看 | 久久久久国产成人精品亚洲午夜 | 成人精品视频在线观看 | 日韩在线观看视频网站 | 不卡国产视频 | 亚洲国产成人私人影院 | 国产精品成aⅴ人片在线观看 | 91日本在线精品高清观看 | 91精品一区国产高清在线 | 久久久久久久久久毛片精品美女 |