久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
World / Asia-Pacific

Attacks in Afghan capital kill at least 24

(Agencies) Updated: 2016-09-06 08:50

Attacks in Afghan capital kill at least 24

Afghan officials inspect over a victim after a suicide attack in Kabul, Afghanistan September 5, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]

KABUL - A car bomb hit the centre of Kabul late on Monday, just hours after a Taliban suicide attack near the Defence Ministry killed at least 24 people, including a number of senior security officials, and wounded 91 others, officials said.

Sporadic gunfire could be heard in an area with many shops and businesses and initial reports suggested that a guesthouse had been targeted, with attackers suspected to have entered the building, an Interior Ministry official said.

Glass from shattered windows lay on the street near the explosion site where police sealed off the area. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Just a month before a conference in Brussels where international donors are expected to pledge continued financial support to Afghanistan, the attacks highlighted the precarious security climate in the capital.

Earlier on Monday, twin blasts in quick succession tore through an afternoon crowd in a bustling area of the city close to the Defence Ministry.

The Taliban immediately claimed responsibility for that attack, in which a suicide bomber caught security forces personnel and civilians who rushed to help victims of the first explosion.

"When the first explosion happened people crowded to the site and then the second blast occurred, which was really powerful and killed lots of people," said Samiullah Safi, who witnessed the attack.

An army general and two senior police commanders were among the dead, a Defence Ministry official said. Another official said the deputy head of President Ashraf Ghani's personal protection force had also been killed.

The double bombing came less than two weeks after gunmen attacked the American University in Kabul, killing 13 people.

It was the deadliest attack in Kabul since at least 80 people were killed by a suicide bomber who targeted a demonstration on July 23. That assault was claimed by Islamic State.

The Taliban's ability to conduct coordinated high profile attacks in the capital Kabul has piled pressure on the Western-backed government, which has struggled to reassure a war-weary population that it can guarantee security.

Afghanistan's foreign partners, concerned about the ability of the security forces to withstand Taliban violence, are expected to pledge support over coming years at the Brussels conference, three months after NATO members reaffirmed their commitment at a meeting in Warsaw.

Outside Kabul, the insurgents have stepped up their military campaign, threatening Laskkar Gah, capital of the strategic southern province of Helmand as well as Kunduz, the northern city they briefly took last year.

 

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 三级网站在线免费观看 | 欧美一区二区三区精品影视 | 国产精品美女免费视频大全 | 国产啪在线 | 男性吸女下身的视频 | 精品国产一区二区三区不卡 | 亚洲欧美小视频 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久直 | 国产欧美一区二区三区免费看 | 国产自产v一区二区三区c | 久久精品片 | 毛毛片在线 | 男人的天堂在线观看入口 | 精品a视频| 久久精品国产99国产精品亚洲 | 成人18网站 | 狠狠一区 | 久草综合网 | 一区视频| 手机在线观看精品国产片 | 久久99久久精品免费思思 | 中文字幕久久久 | 午夜性爽视频男人的天堂在线 | 玖玖这里只有精品 | 国产高清一区二区三区视频 | 欧美一级毛片日本 | 欧美成人免费高清视频 | 成人中文字幕一区二区三区 | 国产成人综合久久精品红 | 久久国产免费观看精品3 | 18成人免费观看网站入口 | 国产成a人片在线观看视频 国产成版人视频网站免费下 | 亚洲综合在线另类色区奇米 | 国产一级做a爱片久久毛片a | 亚洲精选在线观看 | 精品国产免费一区二区三区五区 | 成人久久久 | 沈樵在线观看福利 | 日本特黄特色大片免费视频网站 | 国产一级片视频 | 成人久久在线 |