久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Asia-Pacific

No new survivors found, investigations launched into boat accident in Malaysia

Xinhua | Updated: 2017-01-31 07:39
No new survivors found, investigations launched into boat accident in Malaysia

Ahmad Puzi Ab Kahar (Front), director general of Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency, briefs media on the rescue mission of the boat accident in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, on Jan 30, 2017.[Photo/Xinhua]

Related: Search continues for the missing in boat accident in Malaysia

KOTA KINABALU, Malaysia -- No new survivors of a boat carrying Chinese tourists sank off Malaysia's Sabah state were found Monday, while authorities have launched investigation into the accident, arresting the boat owner and two crew members.

Ahmad Puzi Ab Kahar, director general of Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency, told Xinhua via phone that no new survivors were found and the search and rescue would continue.

Speaking to a press conference, Ahmad Puzi said the search area had been expanded to 2,400 square nautical miles, involving assets from his agency as well as Malaysian navy and air force. Neighboring Brunei has sent aircraft to search its waters.

The search faces challenges caused by strong wind and rough sea, but "that were not the excuses and problem for us to continue the operations," he said.

Meanwhile, Malaysian authorities have started investigation into the accident. Prime Minister Najib Razak said on a social media posting that he saw the tragedy seriously and want a detailed investigation to find out the cause of the incident.

The skipper and the crewman were arrested for suspecting causing death by negligence, said Sabah police chief Ramli Din. The two crew members were the first to be rescued after their boat sank on Saturday on the way from the state capital Kota Kinabalu to Pulau Mengalum, a popular tourist island some 60 km to the west.

The owner was arrested later on Monday, and police has launched a full probe into the accident, including whether the boat was overloaded and whether it was operated with license and insurance, Ramli told Xinhua.

No new survivors found, investigations launched into boat accident in Malaysia

Sabah police chief Ramli Din (2nd L) briefs media on the investigation of the missing boat carrying Chinese tourists in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, on Jan 30, 2017.[Photo/Xinhua]

"We will investigate from all angles, pertaining to negligence if any," he said.

Ramli said the boat was carrying 27 Chinese tourists instead of 28 as reported earlier. One tourist was registered for the trip but cancelled the visit after seeing the boat was full.

That brings the number of unaccounted for down to five, including a crewman, not six as reported earlier, he said. China's Consulate General in Kota Kinabalu said the new figure would have to be verified.

The passengers and crew were left adrift at sea after the boat sank in rough sea, before 20 Chinese tourists were rescued Sunday. Three tourists were found dead.

The tourists were sent back to Kota Kinabalu early Monday and admitted to a hospital. All suffered from sunburn and dehydration but were in stable conditions, according to the hospital.

A Chinese tourist who went to Pulau Mengalum for snorkeling on Saturday recalled the bumpy trip in bad weather. "It almost broke my waist," she told Xinhua. She also recalled the crowded boat and the fact that many passengers were not wearing life jackets.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕视频网 | 日本乱理伦片在线观看网址 | 婷婷久久久五月综合色 | 久草福利资源网站免费 | 国内黄色精品 | 97超在线 | 亚洲最新 | 91精品视频在线播放 | 日韩欧美国产一区二区三区 | 国产精品青草久久福利不卡 | 一区二区在线免费视频 | 亚洲在线观看免费 | 国产国语一级毛片全部 | 亚洲免费视频一区二区三区 | 国产亚洲欧美一区二区三区 | 国产亚洲一区在线 | 国产一级做a爰片久久毛片99 | 国产精在线 | 亚洲欧美日韩综合在线一区二区三区 | 日韩特级黄色片 | 综合免费视频 | 深夜福利视频在线观看 | 国产精品短视频免费观看 | 国产高清视频免费 | 国产一区影视 | 台湾三级香港三级在线中文 | 伊大人香蕉久久网 | 97在线视频免费播放 | 男女性高爱潮免费的国产 | 国产成人免费高清视频 | 黑色丝袜美美女被躁视频 | 久久久久久尹人网香蕉 | 国语一级毛片 | 91精品国产高清91久久久久久 | 香港三级做爰大爽视频 | 欧美精品一区二区在线观看播放 | 亚洲欧美日韩中文字幕在线一 | a级毛片免费高清视频 | 久久精品国产亚洲网站 | 看日本真人一一级特黄毛片 | 国产成人综合精品一区 |