久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Experts: US foreign policy lacks strategy

China Daily | Updated: 2017-05-01 08:17

WASHINGTON - In his first 100 days in office, US President Donald Trump's foreign policy has been tough, but lacking an overall strategy, US experts have said.

Experts said Trump's election marks a new era for US foreign policy, as he is more willing to use military force and bomb adversaries.

Critics have blasted Trump's predecessor Barack Obama as an ivory tower intellectual who was paralyzed by fear of escalation in some areas and therefore took no real action on pressing foreign policy matters.

By contrast, Trump has shown that he spends less time deliberating and is quicker to take action in certain areas.

Since taking office on Jan 20, Trump has gotten tough on both Syria and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, in what experts see as a break from the previous administration's more diplomatic approach to foreign policy.

Indeed, earlier this month, Trump ordered a surprise missile strike against Syria to send a warning to the Syrian government after a reported chemical weapons attack.

He also ordered the US military to drop the "mother of all bombs" - the most powerful non-nuclear bomb - in Afghanistan, in a bid to send a message that he means business.

At the same time, Trump has declared the end of the so-called "strategic patience" policy over DPRK's nuclear and missile programs, while putting all options, including a military strike, on the table. He even ordered a US carrier strike group to the waters near the Korean Peninsula.

"I think that the crises to date have been managed okay," Michael O'Hanlon, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, told Xinhua.

While some experts said that Trump is faring well in terms of foreign policy overall, others said his recent moves in Syria have backfired, and have been detrimental to US interests.

"Trump's anti-chemical weapons missile strike against Syrian (government) forces caused the Syrians to redouble their conventional bombing of pro-US rebels in non-IS areas of Syria," Wayne White, former deputy director of the State Department's Middle East Intelligence Office, told Xinhua.

On the war against the IS, White said the Trump administration is doing nothing different than Obama.

"Despite promises to crush IS, Trump has done practically nothing different than his predecessor so far," White said.

"A small US troop reinforcement, something the Obama administration already was doing in stages for over 2 years, plus an aerial bombardment mostly unmodified," he added.

Xinhua

(China Daily 05/01/2017 page4)

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 中国a级淫片免费播放 | 日韩在线观看不卡 | 国产精品久久久久久久免费 | 国产黄页 | 久久黄色影片 | 波多野结衣一区二区三区高清在线 | 亚洲免费成人在线 | 国产精品综合久成人 | 91精品最新国内在线播放 | 国产午夜人做人视频羞羞 | 亚洲人成毛片线播放 | 国产深夜福利在线观看网站 | 国产麻豆入在线观看 | 国产成人毛片毛片久久网 | 美女黄页网站 | 国产日韩欧美亚洲 | 精品视频一区二区三区 | 亚洲免费视频观看 | 久久久亚洲欧美综合 | 美国一级免费毛片 | 亚洲视频一区在线观看 | 亚洲国产成人综合 | 99久久成人 | 国产九九精品视频 | 二区国产 | 成人韩免费网站 | 亚洲综合在线观看视频 | 伊人成人在线 | 韩国美女一级毛片 | 久久黄色影院 | 欧美日韩在线播一区二区三区 | 99久久亚洲国产高清观看 | 国产精品久久久免费视频 | 欧美高清videossex19 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区在线观看 | 成人自拍网站 | 综合亚洲一区二区三区 | 日韩欧美在线视频观看 | 中文字幕亚洲一区二区三区 | 亚洲久久久久 | 亚洲欧洲eeea在线观看 |