久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

US not winning in Afghanistan: US defense chief

Xinhua | Updated: 2017-06-14 09:33

US not winning in Afghanistan: US defense chief

Smoke rises from the site of a suicide attack after a blast in Kabul, Afghanistan June 3, 2017. [Photo/Agencies]

WASHINGTON - US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Tuesday that the United States is still "not winning" the longest US war in Afghanistan.

"We are not winning in Afghanistan right now," said Mattis here at a congressional hearing. "And we will correct this as soon as possible."

According to Mattis, the Pentagon defines the winning in Afghanistan as a situation where the Afghan government, with international help, will be able to handle the violence and drive it down to a level that local security forces can handle it.

"It would probably require residual force doing training and maintaining the high-end capability," said Mattis. "It's going to be an era of frequent skirmishing and it's going to require a change in our approach from the last several years if we're to get it to that position."

Mattis was not the first senior official of the administration of US President Donald Trump to publicly warn of a dire prospect for the security situation in Afghanistan.

US National Intelligence Director Dan Coats also warned last month that the security situation in Afghanistan would most likely deteriorate in the future even if the United States and its allies offer more military aid.

The warnings came as Trump was reportedly considering whether or not to send additional hundreds of US troops to Afghanistan.

Former US President Barack Obama had planned to reduce the current number of 9,800 US troops in Afghanistan to some 5,500 by the end of 2015 and withdraw all troops by the end of 2016 when his presidency came to an end.

However, given the deteriorating security situation in Afghanistan, the Obama administration repeatedly postponed the withdrawal.

Currently, there are about 8,400 US troops and another 5,000 forces of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) on the ground in Afghanistan to train and assist the Afghan forces against the Taliban, and conduct counter-terrorism missions.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成年人免费在线视频观看 | 日本三级毛片 | 97在线视频免费播放 | 日韩国产在线播放 | 国产精品久久免费观看 | 亚洲性网站 | 欧日韩美香蕉在线观看 | 男人操美女逼视频 | 国产一区二区三区在线观看视频 | 日本欧美一级aaaaa毛片 | 一级做性色a爰片久久毛片免费 | 日韩在线不卡一区在线观看 | 美国黑人特大一级毛片 | 国产精品三级在线观看 | 亚洲欧美在线综合一区二区三区 | 久草新 | 国产成人精品男人的天堂网站 | 成人毛片在线观看 | 精品国产一区二区三区在线观看 | 欧美性一区二区三区 | 中国黄色一级大片 | 91四虎国自产在线播放线 | 日韩精品久久久久久 | 亚洲成人免费视频在线 | 香蕉成人国产精品免费看网站 | 午夜影院a | 大伊香蕉精品视频在线观看 | 久久永久免费 | 国产舐足视频在线观看 | 玖玖玖视频在线观看视频6 玖玖影院在线观看 | 国产精品高清视亚洲一区二区 | 亚洲午夜精品 | 国产高清在线精品免费 | 99ri在线视频 | 国产高清在线观看视频手机版 | 亚洲 午夜在线一区 | 一级一级 a爱片免费视频 | 欧美怡红院高清在线 | 欧美一级特黄高清免费 | 成人国产精品免费视频 | 亚洲品质自拍视频网站 |