久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Turkey names new army commanders one year after coup attempt

Xinhua | Updated: 2017-08-03 09:53

Turkey names new army commanders one year after coup attempt

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan signs to approve decisions of the Supreme Military Council at the Presidential Palace in Ankara, Turkey, August 2, 2017. [Photo/VCG]

ANKARA - Turkey on Wednesday replaced its top three military commanders - the army, navy and air force chiefs, a year after a coup attempt that shocked the NATO country.

The changes were made during a meeting of the Supreme Military Council, which discusses the appointments and retirements of high-ranking staff officers, as well as removal of military personnel.

The fight against the Fethullah Gulen movement, who alleged masterminded the failed coup that killed nearly 250 people the night of July 15th, 2016, was expected to be one of the main issues to be discussed at the session.

Prime minister Bilani Yildirim and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan held a six-hour meeting in Istanbul on Tuesday prior to the critical meeting, reported TV channels.

According to the decisions at this meeting, the Chief of General Staff, General Hulusi Akar, who was spectacularly held hostage during the coup attempt by plotters, will stay on duty until 2019, as expected.

Land forces commander, General Salih Zeki Colak, Naval forces commander Admiral Bulent Bostanoglu and Air forces commander, General Abidin Unal, have been changed and replaced by other high-ranking generals, presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin told reporters after the meeting.

General Yasar Guler, former commander of the Gendarmerie, has been appointed Land forces commander; Vice Admiral Adnan Ozbal has been appointed Navy commander and Hasan Kucukakyuz is the new Air Force commander, Kalin said.

In lower-level reshuffles, 61 colonels have been promoted as general, indicated by a statement released by the Ministry of National Defense.

The Turkish military is undergoing a comprehensive post-coup restructuring process. For the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK), the July 15 coup attempt was a humiliation from which it will take a long time to recover.

It showed unmistakably that the network controlled by the US-based preacher Fethullah Gulen infiltrated massively the military organization in past decades despite warnings by military and civilian authorities.

The Turkish Armed Forces, the second biggest in number after the United States in NATO, used to be the most trusted institution in Turkey. But that was before rebel soldiers fired at civilians resisting the putsch and national institutions were attacked by helicopters and fighter jets.

Almost 4,500 officers have been dismissed from the TSK since the coup attempt. Among these are almost half of the generals and admirals previously serving in the armed forces.

Previous 1 2 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美成人午夜 | 久久福利资源网站免费看 | 国产精品国产三级国产专区5o | 久久国产精品最新一区 | 男女扒开双腿猛进入爽爽视频 | 亚洲国产精品第一区二区 | 亚洲精品天堂自在久久77 | 影音先锋色先锋女同另类 | 成年女人毛片免费播放人 | 亚洲欧美国产一区二区三区 | 国产成人免费不卡在线观看 | 免费看欧美xxx片 | 亚洲天堂区 | 在线高清免费爱做网 | 韩国毛片视频 | 国产不卡在线视频 | 久久高清免费视频 | 中文字幕在线不卡 | 成人18网址在线观看 | 欧美精品色精品一区二区三区 | 国产一级真人毛爱做毛片 | 国产成人黄色 | 亚洲国产欧美在线人成精品一区二区 | 99久久国内精品成人免费 | 成人a级高清视频在线观看 成人a毛片 | 精品久久久久久国产91 | 亚洲日本一区二区三区高清在线 | 一区二区三区在线播放视频 | 日本成人免费在线 | 国产精品国产三级国产普通 | 国产在线视频欧美亚综合 | 国产短裙黑色丝袜在线观看下 | 福利一二三区 | 性感美女视频免费网站午夜 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片美女 一级做a爰片久久毛片免费看 | 亚洲精品天堂自在久久77 | 亚洲香蕉一区二区三区在线观看 | 午夜性刺激免费视频 | 成人亚洲欧美综合 | 久草福利在线观看 | 99精品久久99久久久久久 |