久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

US takes tough lines as NAFTA negotiations begin

Agencies | Updated: 2017-08-17 02:56

US takes tough lines as NAFTA negotiations begin

United States Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, flanked by US Chief Negotiator John Melle and US General Counsel Stephen Vaughn, speaks at a news conference prior to the inaugural round of North American Free Trade Agreement renegotiations in Washington, US, August 16, 2017.[Photo/Agencies]

The United States on Wednesday laid down a tough line for modernizing the North American Free Trade Agreement, demanding major changes to the pact that would reduce US trade deficits with Mexico and Canada and increase US content for autos.

Speaking at the start of the talks in Washington, US President Donald Trump's top trade adviser, Robert Lighthizer, said Trump was not interested in "a mere tweaking" of the 23-year-old pact, which he blames for hundreds of thousands of job losses to Mexico.

"We feel that NAFTA has fundamentally failed many, many Americans and needs major improvement," Lighthizer, the US Trade Representative, said in an opening statement.

Canadian and Mexican officials defended NAFTA and said its benefits and structure should be preserved while it is modernized.

Lighthizer said he would demand increased regional and US content in autos produced in the region, the largest source of a $64-billion US goods trade deficit with Mexico last year. He also said the United States would insist on strong provisions governing labor and currency practices.

"We need to ensure that the huge trade deficits do not continue and we have balance and reciprocity. This should be periodically reviewed," said Lighthizer. "The rules of origin, particularly on autos and auto parts, must require higher NAFTA content and substantial US content."

The demand is at odds with auto producers and suppliers in the region, who are concerned that increasing local content requirements will raise their costs and make their factories less competitive with those in Asia and Europe.

Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland, who suggested this week her country could walk away if the US insisted on scrapping a NAFTA mechanism to resolve trade disputes, also took a swipe at the US fixation on cutting its trade deficits.

REUTERS

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品视自拍视频在线观看 | 国产成人精品系列在线观看 | 国产成人综合亚洲 | 亚洲精品乱无伦码 | 香港三澳门三日本三级 | 亚洲欧美日本韩国综合在线观看 | 精品久久久久不卡无毒 | 洋老外米糕国产一区二区 | 免费在线精品视频 | 美女张开双腿让男人桶视频免费 | 99ri在线观看 | 99在线观看视频免费 | 日本免费网址 | 欧美日韩国产亚洲综合不卡 | 亚洲国产成人在线 | 亚洲天堂免费 | 久久久久综合 | 欧美性色黄大片www 欧美性色黄大片一级毛片视频 | 91福利国产在线观一区二区 | 在线播放亚洲精品 | 成人免费观看网欧美片 | 黄色美女一级片 | 国产精品自在线 | 91久久香蕉青青草原娱乐 | 国产玖玖视频 | 萌白酱喷水福利视频在线 | 久久精品国产亚洲网址 | 日本三级网站在线观看 | 欧美一级高清视频在线播放 | 国产码一区二区三区 | 99在线视频免费观看 | 成人国产亚洲欧美成人综合网 | japanesevideo乱子| 免费a级毛片无码 | a毛片免费观看完整 | 免费一级毛片私人影院a行 免费一级毛片无毒不卡 | 亚洲综合在线视频 | 麻豆影音| 中文乱码一二三四有限公司 | 免费a级毛片大学生免费观看 | 欧美色老头oldvideo |