久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Asia-Pacific

Graphic Australian video of Japanese whaling released

China Daily | Updated: 2017-11-29 08:33

SYDNEY - Activist group Sea Shepherd on Tuesday released graphic video of Japanese fishermen harpooning whales in the Southern Ocean after a long battle with the Australian government to make the images public.

Filmed in 2008 by customs officials aboard an Australian patrol vessel, the images show Japanese boats in Antarctic waters harpooning the whales and then dragging their bodies out of bloodied waters.

Sea Shepherd initiated a freedom of information request in 2012 to obtain the film from the Australian department of border protection, but was repeatedly refused with the government citing potential damage to "international relations".

The images were finally ordered released earlier this year after an appeal to Australia's Information Commissioner, who has power to review government agency FOI decisions.

"The Australian Government has suppressed this footage for years. The main reason given was that the images of this horrific slaughter would harm diplomatic relationships with Japan," Sea Shepherd's managing director Jeff Hansen said in a statement.

"The Australian Government has chosen to side with the poachers instead of defending the whales of the Southern Ocean," he said.

Sea Shepherd has waged an often violent 12-year high-seas battle against whaling in the Southern Ocean, claiming success for saving thousands of the giant mammals and bringing the slaughter to world attention.

The organization announced earlier this year that it was ending its annual campaign to disrupt Japanese whaling, saying it was exploring different strategies to hinder the hunt as it could no longer match the paramilitary and economic might Tokyo was deploying.

Japan is a signatory to the International Whaling Commission's moratorium on whaling in force since 1986. But it exploits a loophole allowing whales to be killed for the purposes of "scientific research", making no secret of the fact that they often end up on dinner plates.

Tokyo was forced to call off the 2014-15 hunt after the International Court of Justice ruled its annual Antarctic foray was a commercial hunt, masquerading as science.

It resumed in late 2015 with cuts to the target catch number, but it still returned with more than 300 minke whales.

Canberra has spoken out against commercial and "so-called 'scientific' whaling" in the Southern Ocean.

Sea Shepherd has called on the Australian government to take Japan to an international tribunal for failing to protect whales.

Agence France-presse

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩特级毛片 | 欧美视频一区在线 | 视频一区在线免费观看 | 国产综合久久久久 | 99在线免费 | 国产日韩一区二区三区在线观看 | 91亚洲最新精品 | 日韩欧美在线视频一区二区 | 一级欧美激情毛片 | 最刺激黄a大片免费观看 | 国产精品私人玩物在线观看 | 国产一区二区三区欧美精品 | 亚洲综合一区二区不卡 | 精品久| 久久亚洲私人国产精品 | 波多野结衣在线视频观看 | 色一情 | 欧美毛片一级的免费的 | 国产亚洲精| 国产精品成人不卡在线观看 | 国产高清毛片 | 久久成人小视频 | 在线亚洲精品国产波多野结衣 | 男人操女人逼逼视频 | 亚洲天堂视频在线免费观看 | 91久久亚洲精品一区二区 | 一级欧美在线的视频 | 欧美成人性性 | 免费成年网站 | 国产成人精品视频免费大全 | 性久久久久久久久 | 久久免费99精品久久久久久 | 亚洲 欧美 日韩中文字幕一区二区 | 永久免费91桃色福利 | 国产精品久久久久999 | 色18美女社区 | 欧美日韩精品乱国产 | 国产精品一级毛片不收费 | 国产精品亚洲专一区二区三区 | 久久国产成人精品 | 亚洲综合黄色 |