久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

US quits talks on global migration pact

China Daily | Updated: 2017-12-05 08:01

UNITED NATIONS - The United States has quit negotiations on a voluntary pact to deal with migration because the global approach to the issue was "simply not compatible with US sovereignty," said US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley.

In a statement on Saturday, the US mission to the UN said that President Donald Trump made the decision.

"No country has done more than the United States, and our generosity will continue," said Haley, whose parents are immigrants from India.

"But our decisions on immigration policies must always be made by Americans and Americans alone. We will decide how best to control our borders and who will be allowed to enter our country."

Trump campaigned last year on a promise to deport large numbers of immigrants and build a wall on the US border with Mexico to help tackle illegal immigration and crime in the US. Since he took office in January, he has also moved to ban US entry by people from select Muslim countries.

With a record 21.3 million refugees globally, the 193-member UN General Assembly adopted a political declaration in September last year in which they also agreed to spend two years negotiating the pact on safe, orderly and regular migration.

Former US president Barack Obama's administration backed the resolution, known as the New York Declaration, which also asked UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi to propose a global compact on refugees for adoption next year.

UN chief Antonio Guterres regretted the US decision, his spokesman said on Sunday.

"The positive story of migration is clear: It needs to be better told. Equally, the challenges it throws up need to be tackled with more determination and greater international coordination," UN spokesman Farhan Haq said.

Three days of preparatory talks begin in Mexico on Monday ahead of the start of formal negotiations in February over the nonbinding pact.

Haley's predecessor Samantha Power mocked the US move.

"How to further insult your Mexican neighbor, turn your back on humanity's most desperate, and make America irrelevant on a hugely destabilizing global crisis in one easy step," she said on Twitter.

Reuters

(China Daily 12/05/2017 page12)

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 永久黄网站色视频免费网站 | 一级特级aaaa毛片免费观看 | 欧美精品一区二区三区四区 | 国产精品亚洲综合久久 | 91精品国产高清91久久久久久 | 91在线一区二区三区 | 久久久成人影院 | 国产亚洲欧洲一区二区三区 | 成人久久18免费游戏网站 | 久久国产精品免费观看 | 亚洲视频在线观看视频 | 欧美成人毛片 | 欧美二区视频 | 一区二区三区日韩精品 | a级毛片无码免费真人 | 亚洲一区免费在线 | 久久久久久免费播放一级毛片 | 91原创在线 | 日韩一级片视频 | 亚洲黄色免费在线观看 | 亚洲资源在线播放 | 亚洲免费在线视频观看 | 超清波多野结衣精品一区 | 国产成人精品三级在线 | 国产精品视频第一区二区三区 | 久草在线观看视频 | 在线播放成人高清免费视频 | 婷婷丁香久久 | 亚洲乱人伦精品图片 | 国产v片在线播放免费观 | 普通话对白国产精品一级毛片 | 亚洲一区区 | 久久精品高清视频 | 韩国精品欧美一区二区三区 | 精品国产一区二区三区久久影院 | 成人影院午夜久久影院 | 激情欧美一区二区三区 | 久久成年人 | 国产精品久久久久久久久 | 日本欧美久久久久免费播放网 | 美女视频免费看视频网站 |