久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Business / Companies

New Zealand's Fonterra fined $255,000 over botulism scare

(Xinhua) Updated: 2014-04-04 14:30

New Zealand's Fonterra fined $255,000 over botulism scare

A woman uses her mobile phone in front of an advertisement for Fonterra in Jinan, East Chinas Shandong province, August 12, 2013. [Photo/icpress.cn]

WELLINGTON -- New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra was fined NZ$300,000 ($255,000) on Friday for food safety breaches relating to last year's botulism scare.

The New Zealand dairy giant pleaded guilty in the Wellington District Court on Friday for not meeting standards set down in the Animal Products Act.

The company had pleaded guilty to four charges laid by the Ministry for Primary Industries last month that it failed to meet food processing standards.

Judge Peter Hobbs said he took into account Fonterra's early guilty plea and that it had taken steps to address the problems. He fined it NZ$120,000 NZ for one charge and NZ$60,000 for the other counts.

Judge Hobbs said Fonterra's offending had been a result of carelessness, rather than a deliberate act.

He said there was a need to hold Fonterra to account for the impact the scare had on New Zealand's reputation as a safe food exporter. He added that the food safety crisis left New Zealand's reputation as a high quality food exporter shaken and it had a downstream impact on dairy producers.

It was feared 42 tones of whey protein concentrate a key ingredient in infant formula had been contaminated with a botulism-causing bacteria, prompting a global recall of some dairy products.

But further testing confirmed the bacteria found didn't present a health risk and the scare was a false alarm.

In a statement, Fonterra's managing director of people, culture and strategy Maury Leyland confirmed the company wouldn't challenge the fine imposed.

"Fonterra had already accepted responsibility for the allegations made in the charges, and we respect the sentencing decision made," she said.

French food giant Danone, which made infant formula from the whey protein, is suing Fonterra for losses, claiming the botulism scare cost it more than $NZ570 million.

Federated Farmers Dairy Chairperson Willy Leferink believed the $NZ300,000 fine is proportionate.

"As supplier shareholders and unit holders will ultimately meet the cost of the fine, we are certain Fonterra's management has got the message loud and clear," said Leferink on Friday.

New Zealand's Fonterra fined $255,000 over botulism scare New Zealand's Fonterra fined $255,000 over botulism scare
Mengniu offers to buy Yashili
Fonterra challenged in China's milk powder market

Hot Topics

Editor's Picks
...
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产九九在线观看播放 | 久热国产视频 | 一级毛片aaaaaa免费看 | 三级毛片免费观看 | 日韩特级黄色片 | 女黄人东京手机福利视频 | 久久精品国产免费一区 | 日韩一级一欧美一级国产 | 99热久久国产精品免费观看 | 成人毛片免费网站 | 欧美一级特黄视频 | 被老外玩爽的中国美女视频 | 国产婷婷一区二区在线观看 | www.久久综合| 欧美顶级毛片在线播放 | 国产高清自拍一区 | 成人网久久 | 亚洲人在线播放 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产vr在线观 | 韩国毛片免费 | 成熟的女性强烈交性视频 | 国产伦久视频免费观看视频 | 欧美精品久久久久久久影视 | 失禁h啪肉尿出来高h健身房 | 99热成人精品热久久66 | 操美国女人| 日韩在线视频线视频免费网站 | 亚洲国产天堂久久综合图区 | 亚洲午夜大片 | 热伊人99re久久精品最新地 | 国产午夜永久福利视频在线观看 | 亚洲欧洲日产国码二区首页 | 97干干干 | 亚洲高清一区二区三区久久 | 免费一级欧美片片线观看 | 欧美aaa大片 | 一级片美女 | 欧美激情精品久久久久 | 国产在亚洲线视频观看 | 亚洲一级大片 | 国产盗摄一区二区 |