久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

   

Taiwan's referendum plan provocative: US

By Jiao Xiaoyang (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-01-18 07:19

 

 Premier Wen Jiabao meets with visiting US Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte in Beijing Wednesday. [Xinhua]

US Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte Thursday reiterated Washington's position on Taiwan's planned referendum on UN membership, saying it is a "mistake" and "provocative".

"From the perspective of the United States, the conduct of such a referendum is a mistake," Negroponte told reporters at the US embassy, echoing comments made by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice late last month.

Related readings:

 US official: Taiwan's referendum is mistake, provocation
 'Referendum' to go ahead, Chen says
 Rice: Taiwan UN referendum bid 'provocative'
 China 'values' US opposition to Taiwan referendum

 Taipei mayor rejects UN 'referendum' campaign
 
 'Referendum' plot based on personal interests - scholar

"We think it is a provocative policy on the part of the Taiwanese authorities," he said.

Asked what the US would do if the Taiwan authorities went ahead with the referendum, Negroponte said the issue should be looked at "step by step".

Whether there will be enough voters or whether it will be passed remains a question, he said.

"We continue to advocate that neither side take any unilateral steps to alter the status quo."

Negroponte said the US understands Taiwan is the core interest for China and takes China's concerns seriously.

"It's not something we will want to talk about a 'trade-off' with other issues."

Commenting on bilateral relations, Negroponte said the countries have worked closely together in many areas such as the Six-Party Talks and Darfur.

"Even though we don't have absolutely identical views, I think there is a good understanding of each other's positions," he said.

Analysts said Washington's repeated warnings over Taiwan's referendum plan are a sign that it is willing to use its influence to contain secessionist moves on the island.

"I think Negroponte's remarks contain the message that the United States does not think the referendum bill will necessarily pass under growing pressure from both Beijing and Washington," said Shen Dingli, director of the Center for American Studies at Shanghai's Fudan University.

The opposition Kuomintang's landslide victory in Taiwan's "legislative" election last week shows that people have become weary of the pro-independent Chen Shui-bian administration's style, and that would add to the belief that the referendum bill will fail, Shen noted.

Earlier Thursday, Negroponte met Chen Yunlin, minister of the State Council's Taiwan Affairs Office. He flew to Guiyang, Guizhou Province, in the afternoon, where he co-chaired the Fifth China-US Strategic Dialogue with Deputy Foreign Minister Dai Bingguo.

Ding Jingong, deputy head of the Foreign Affairs Office of the Ministry of National Defense, joined the dialogue along with James Shinn, US assistant secretary of defense, according to the Ministry of National Defense.

It is the first time military representatives have participated in the dialogue, which is designed for both sides to discuss major political issues in bilateral and global affairs.



Top China News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 特级淫片欧美高清视频蜜桃 | 国产精品亚洲一区二区三区久久 | 欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 久久国产视频一区 | 亚洲tv成人天堂在线播放 | 亚洲精品韩国美女在线 | 一级做a爰片久久毛片唾 | 亚洲一区二区免费视频 | 亚洲国产大片 | 2019偷偷狠狠的日日 | 国内精品久久久久久久影视麻豆 | 成人午夜影院在线观看 | 香蕉久久夜色精品国产尤物 | 欧美 另类 精品一区视频 | 美女三级黄 | 精品久久久久久国产免费了 | 免费日韩在线视频 | 久草草视频在线观看免费高清 | 欧美一级爆毛片 | 国产一级片视频 | 99久久精品国产综合一区 | 亚洲精品中文字幕久久久久久 | 欧美一级毛片免费播放aa | 免费区一级欧美毛片 | 国产精品亚洲精品 | 一级特黄aaa大片在 一级特黄aaa大片在线观看 | 亚洲三级在线 | 在线观看自拍视频 | 精品国产呦系列在线看 | 成人羞羞视频国产 | 久9视频这里只有精品 | 日韩激情中文字幕一区二区 | 她也啪在线视频精品网站 | 亚洲精品不卡久久久久久 | bt天堂午夜国产精品 | 三级黄页| 国产欧美成人xxx视频 | 真实国产乱子伦高清 | 精品国产亚洲一区二区在线3d | 国产成人啪精品视频免费网 | 色伦网|