久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

   

China works to limit snow-related chaos before Festival

(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-01-29 09:29

BEIJING - Chinese authorities have spared no effort in combating snow-inflicted woes and reducing the negative impact to the least extent as volatile weather continued to rage in a dozen Chinese regions on Monday.


Repairmen work to restore power supply after it was cut by a rare snowstorm in Xuancheng, East China's Anhui Province, January 28, 2008. Wild winter weather across China crippled energy and transport, and caused roughly 3 billion US dollars of economic loss. [Xinhua]

The Chinese Ministry of Railways mobilized 35 extra trains on Sunday night to help disperse about 500,000 passengers who were stranded in Guangzhou, capital of the southern Guangdong Province, because of snow, the Guangzhou Railways Company Group said.

Millions of travelers are currently struggling to make their annual trip home as the Spring Festival, the most important Chinese holiday, is only nine days away.

Related readings:
 Power supply tops agenda
 US$13.5mln allocated to aid snow-hit areas

 Snow forecast to keep falling
 Snow casts doubts on holiday plans
 Heavy snow kills 24 in China, causes US$3b loss
 Armed police officers fearless of snow, wind

 Chinese make 53m bus trips on 1st day of Spring Festival travel
 Heavy snow chokes transport before Spring Festival

Passenger build-up in Guangzhou has been especially heavy because the southern end of the Beijing-Guangzhou rail line, a north-south trunk railroad, has been paralyzed because of heavy snow in the central Hunan Province where power transmission facilities have been knocked out.

Adding to the woes, seven of the eight highways connecting Guangdong and Hunan provinces have been cut off.

Prior to Sunday night the Ministry of Railways had already dispatched 25 trains to Guangzhou to transport passengers by circumventing the Beijing-Guangzhou railway.

Guangzhou has set up simple facilities in a few venues such as big stadiums and conference and exhibition centers, to provide temporary shelter for stranded passengers.

"About 60,000 passengers have been relocated to these venues, and it is estimated 200,000 people will need to be accommodated when more passengers arrive in Guangzhou to take trains back home, " said Yu Desheng, a local transportation official.

Meanwhile, free bus services were provided to take migrant workers back to their work sites if they choose not to travel home for the holiday.

Guangzhou stopped selling railway tickets and announced that tickets previously purchased could be returned without a service charge. However, most passengers have been reluctant to return their tickets, hoping that railway operations would resume soon.

Traffic on the Beijing-Guangzhou line likely won't be normalized within the next three to five days as snow is persisting in central China, Guangdong railway authorities said.

China's eastern business hub Shanghai also halted rail ticket sales on Monday, after 58 trains serving the municipality were delayed during a 12-hour period, stranding about 30,000 passengers.

   1 2 3   


Top China News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人免费网站久久久 | 国内精品一区二区在线观看 | 国产一区二区三区久久 | 高清一区在线 | 天堂8资源在线官网资源 | 欧美一级毛片免费看高清 | 国产精品私人玩物在线观看 | 亚洲人成在线影院 | 老司机精品影院一区二区三区 | 韩国美女一级片 | 国产孕妇做受视频在线观看 | 国产高清免费不卡观看 | 国产精品极品美女自在线看免费一区二区 | 国外免费一级 | 久久99精品久久久久久青青91 | 又黄又爽又刺激的视频 | 国产精品免费看久久久久 | 久久中文字幕日韩精品 | 欧美日韩一区二区三区视频在线观看 | 怡红院亚洲| 人成在线免费视频 | 鸥美性生交xxxxx久久久 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久久久久 | 亚洲精品播放 | 欧美亚洲日本在线 | 香蕉视频黄色在线观看 | 亚洲天堂男人网 | 久久久久久久久久久观看 | 久久精品国产亚洲网站 | 男人在线天堂 | 爽死你个放荡粗暴小淫货双女视频 | 亚洲欧洲日产国码二区在线 | 欧美videos另类齐全 | 国产成年视频 | 视频在线一区 | 久久亚洲高清观看 | 91久久精品视频 | 国产老鸭窝毛片一区二区 | 性色午夜视频免费男人的天堂 | 午夜手机视频 | 国产精品成人久久久久 |