久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
Sports / Soccer

Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts

(Agencies) Updated: 2014-09-23 10:09

Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts

People celebrate in front of a screen that reads "Congratulations Qatar" after FIFA announced that Qatar will be host of the 2022 World Cup in Souq Waqif in Doha, in this December 2, 2010 file picture. The 2022 World Cup will not be held in Qatar because of the scorching temperatures in the Middle East country, FIFA Executive Committee member Theo Zwanziger said on September 22, 2014. [Photo/Agencies]

BERLIN - Qatar remained adamant it would host the 2022 soccer World Cup despite a FIFA Executive Committee member suggesting on Monday that the tournament would have to move because of scorching temperatures.

"The only question now is when, not if," Qatar 2022 communications director Nasser Al Khater said in a statement. "Summer or winter, we will be ready."

Theo Zwanziger, the former German football association (DFB) chief who now sits on the executive committee of world soccer's governing body, had said earlier that he felt the tournament would have to be held elsewhere.

"I personally think that in the end the 2022 World Cup will not take place in Qatar," he told Sport Bild. "Medics say that they cannot accept responsibility with a World Cup taking place under these conditions."

FIFA awarded the tournament to the tiny Middle Eastern country in a controversial decision in 2010, with the understanding that it would be held in the summer despite the searing heat.

Although oil and gas-rich Qatar has insisted that timetable is viable thanks to cooling technologies being developed for stadiums, training areas and fan zones, there is still widespread concern over the health of players and visiting fans.

"They may be able to cool the stadiums but a World Cup does not take place only there," Zwanziger said.

"Fans from around the world will be coming and travelling in this heat and the first life-threatening case will trigger an investigation by a state prosecutor.

"That is not something that FIFA Exco members want to answer for."

PERSONAL OPINION

FIFA officials, contacted by Reuters, said Zwanziger was not giving the view of the all powerful Executive Committee.

"He is expressing a personal opinion and he explicitly says so," FIFA spokewoman Delia Fischer said. "We will not comment on a personal opinion."

Qatar organisers said they have already proved that cooling technologies that would be used at the World Cup work.

"We have proven that a FIFA World Cup in Qatar in the summer is possible with state-of-the-art cooling technology," said Al Khater.

"We have demonstrated that our cooling works in outdoor areas beyond stadiums. This summer we welcomed fans in Doha to an open-air Brazil 2014 Fan Zone with temperatures cooled to a comfortable 22 degrees Celsius.

"The evolution of environmentally-friendly cooling technologies is an important legacy for our nation, region and for countries with similar climates - promising to expand the reach of hosting major sporting events to countries where it was never thought possible before."

Despite the resources being thrown at high-tech cooling techniques, sceptism about Qatar's ability to stage a World Cup in the summer -- when temperatures can soar into the mid 40s Celsius -- has not gone away.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter said in May that awarding the World Cup to Qatar was a 'mistake' and the tournament would probably have to be held in the European winter.

"The Qatar technical report indicated clearly that it is too hot in summer, but the executive committee with quite a big majority decided all the same that the tournament would be in Qatar," he said.

FIFA is looking at the option of shifting the tournament to January/February 2022 or November/December 2022 - both of which would be unpopular because of disruption to the domestic seasons in Europe and around the world.

Asian Football Confederation (AFC) president Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa chaired a meeting to discuss the matter earlier this month.

Most Popular
What's Hot
Highlights
Special
...
主站蜘蛛池模板: 99在线免费 | 日本美女黄色一级片 | 久久国产免费一区二区三区 | 亚洲精品天堂在线观看 | 欧美特级午夜一区二区三区 | 国产一区亚洲二区三区 | 国产视频久久 | 中文乱码一二三四有限公司 | 女人被男人躁得好爽免费文 | 久久久久亚洲视频 | 波多野结衣在线不卡 | 加勒比heyzo 加勒比久久综合 | 欧美性色欧美a在线播放 | 精品网址| 一级香蕉免费毛片 | chineseoldman色老头videos | 久9精品视频 | 欧美特黄一级高清免费的香蕉 | 极品美女写真菠萝蜜视频 | 久久亚洲成a人片 | 91精品国产免费久久久久久青草 | 一区二三国产 | 91视频国产精品 | 欧美性猛交xxx免费看人妖 | 亚洲综合免费视频 | 香蕉久久a毛片 | 2000xxxxav影院 | 亚洲三级在线免费观看 | 美女视频黄.免费网址 | 91精品国产高清91久久久久久 | 国产一区私人高清影院 | 亚洲人成亚洲人成在线观看 | 六月丁香婷婷天天在线 | 三级黄色片网址 | 久久久成人啪啪免费网站 | 成人国产精品一级毛片了 | 伊人2233 | 97精品国产91久久久久久久 | 老妇激情毛片 | 免费播放国产性色生活片 | 久久久久久综合成人精品 |