久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

   

Rescuers save 1,350 South African gold miners

(Agencies)
Updated: 2007-10-04 16:14

ELANDSRAND MINE, South Africa - Rescue teams working to save 3,200 miners trapped deep underground in a South African gold mine brought 1,350 to the surface on Thursday morning, mine and union officials said.


Mine workers come out of the cage at Harmony Gold's Elandsrand Mine south west of Johannesburg, South Africa, Thursday, Oct. 4, 2007. [Agencies]

Mine owner Harmony Gold said the rescue operation was going smoothly and that a secondary lift was bringing up batches of miners stranded underground when the electricity cable of the main lift was cut in an accident.

But the powerful mining union said it suspected negligence was behind the accident and vowed to push gold firms to build secondary, or emergency, exits in the mine.

Chief Executive Officer Graham Briggs told Reuters he was confident all the miners would be lifted to the surface in a small elevator at the Elandsrand mine near Carletonville, southwest of Johannesburg.

"There have been no injuries or deaths ... It may take as long as 10 hours, the cage (lift) is traveling fairly slowly to avoid risks ... I'm very confident all will come out," Briggs said.

Briggs said production at the mine had been halted and would remain shut down until an investigation had been carried out and the damage repaired. Harmony is the world's fifth biggest gold producer.

But the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) said it suspected that negligence and Harmony's practice of mining 24 hours per day caused the accident.

"We suspect negligence. Because of continuous operations there is no time to make adequate checks," NUM President Senzeni Zokwana told reporters.

Zokwaba said emergency exits were needed to give workers an alternative escape route. "The manner of mining is a problem, we want to push the companies to build secondary exits, linked to the neighboring mine," he said.

The first miners emerged at around 2330 GMT, after being trapped 2.2 km (1.4 miles) underground for over 15 hours. Between 150 and 200 women miners were among those trapped.

"I feel happy to be on the surface. it was hot, dusty and I am quite hungry now," said 27-year-old Zandile Sindiwe, as he walked out of the elevator into a cold, windy night.

By 0520 GMT, 1,350 mineworkers had been brought to the surface and mine officials said they hoped to have the remaining workers above ground by early afternoon.

An NUM spokesman said earlier that the miners were trapped in a cramped space where temperatures could reach 30 to 40 degrees Celsius (86-104 Fahrenheit).

The miners were caught after an air pipe broke off and hurtled down the shaft, damaging steelwork and severing an electrical cable carrying power to the main lift, Briggs said.

      1   2     


Top World News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久高清免费视频 | 韩国免费播放一级毛片 | 亚洲素人在线 | 色老头久久网 | 欧美日韩黄色 | 欧美特黄一级高清免费的香蕉 | 国产欧美一区二区三区沐欲 | 一级伦理电线在2019 | 97在线视频免费 | 亚洲免费在线播放 | 亚洲一区二区在线成人 | 韩国19禁主播裸免费福利 | 欧美在线日韩在线 | 亚洲精品国产成人一区二区 | 日韩欧美一区二区久久 | 俄罗斯美女毛片 | 性做久久久久久免费观看 | 国产小毛片 | 免费特黄一区二区三区视频一 | 欧美一级毛片免费大片 | 中文字幕在线观看一区二区 | 久久生活片 | 成人午夜精品 | 国产免费高清在线精品一区 | 久久夜色精品国产噜噜亚洲a | 美女张开腿黄网站免费 | 欧美日韩在线视频不卡一区二区三区 | 欧美成人毛片在线视频 | 午夜国产精品久久久久 | 国外精品视频在线观看免费 | 欧美一级亚洲一级 | 久久亚洲国产精品 | 乱系列中文字幕在线视频 | 国产亚洲欧美日韩在线看片 | 久久99精品综合国产首页 | 最新99国产成人精品视频免费 | 最新国产三级在线观看不卡 | 日韩毛片免费视频一级特黄 | 久草视频资源在线 | 亚洲欧美日韩国产专区一区 | 大视频在线爱爱爱爱 |