久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Gunmen kill six in Israel in attack

Updated: 2011-08-18 19:48

(Agencies)

  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

Gunmen kill six in Israel in attack

Israeli emergency personnel stand near a bus after it was ambushed north of the Red Sea resort of Eilat August 18, 2011. [Photo/Agencies]

JERUSALEM - Gunmen killed six people in attacks on vehicles in southern Israel on Thursday and a senior Israeli official said they had infiltrated from the Gaza Strip through Egypt's Sinai desert.

Israel's military said the incident began when "terrorists shot at a bus on its way to (the city of) Eilat and then fired an anti-tank rocket at another vehicle. At the same time, a military patrol hit an explosive device".

The Magen David Adom ambulance service said six people were killed along the road, just metres from the porous border with Egypt. The military put the number of wounded at around 25.

Israeli special forces were called in and engaged the gunmen as police and military closed roads around Eilat, a popular Red Sea resort.

The military said between two and four gunmen were killed. Israeli media reports said up to seven attackers were killed.

"It was a grave terrorist incident that took place in several locations," Defence Minister Ehud Barak said in a statement. "It reflects the weakening of Egypt's hold in the Sinai and the broadening of activities by terror elements."

Calling the Gaza Strip, Palestinian territory controlled by Hamas Islamists and bordering the Sinai and Israel, "the source of terrorist activities", Barak said: "We will act against them with full force and determination."

Mark Regev, a spokesman for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said Israel "has specific and precise information that these terrorists who targeted Israelis today came out of the Gaza Strip".

A senior Israeli official said the gunmen, unable to cross into Israel through the heavily patrolled border with the Gaza Strip, had gone into the Sinai and then infiltrated from there into southern Israel.

Israeli officials have voiced concern that militant groups in the Sinai have been making use of a security vacuum left by the overthrow of President Hosni Mubarak in February.

The Israeli shekel fell against the dollar and stocks dipped on Thursday.

"I saw two men in fatigues shooting at me," the bus driver, Benny Bilbaski, told Israel Radio. "I saw that there were wounded on the bus but I continued to drive on, looking straight not looking right or left. Once I got a kilometre past the area and I was out of range we took care of the wounded."

Egypt, which signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1979, recently stepped up security activity in the Sinai.

On Tuesday, Egyptian security sources said an army crackdown on armed groups in the northern Sinai had netted four Islamist militants as they prepared to blow up a gas pipeline. A network of smuggling tunnels links the area with the Gaza Strip.

On Thursday, Egyptian security sources said it was unlikely the gunmen had come from Egyptian territory.

Security patrols on the Egyptian-Israeli border had not picked up on "suspicious movements" on the Egyptian side, a source said, adding that security had been heightened on the border after news of the incident.

 

Hot Topics

The European Central Bank (ECB) held a conference call late on Sunday ahead of the market opening, pledging the ECB will step in to buy eurozone bonds with efforts to forestall the euro zone's debt crisis from spreading.

主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲图片国产日韩欧美 | 欧美成人精品高清在线播放 | 亚洲精品在线免费观看视频 | 国产a级特黄的片子视频 | 韩国美女高清爽快一级毛片 | 亚洲欧美另类专区 | 久久成人免费 | www.91久久| 免费一级做a爰片性色毛片 免费一极毛片 | 色综合久久久久 | 男女牲高爱潮免费视频男女 | 韩国自拍偷自拍亚洲精品 | 国产成人精品天堂 | 夜夜躁狠狠躁日日躁2021 | 日本高清专区一区二无线 | 韩国美女高清爽快一级毛片 | 亚洲人成网国产最新在线 | 国产在线观看一区二区三区 | 三级黄色免费网站 | 免费高清特级毛片 | 欧美成网站 | 亚洲一区二区三区不卡视频 | 女人张开腿让男人桶个爽 | 日韩中文字幕精品久久 | 综合91 | 欧美一区二区日韩一区二区 | 精品视频在线播放 | 伊人365影院 | 国产自一区 | 精品一久久香蕉国产二月 | 国产精品一区久久精品 | 国产亚洲网站 | 悟空影视大全免费高清 | 久久com| 一级成人毛片免费观看欧美 | 成人做爰视频www网站 | 男人干女人的视频 | 在线精品日韩一区二区三区 | 亚洲精品欧洲一区二区三区 | 9191精品国产免费不久久 | 在线观看人成午夜影片 |