久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Typhoon kills more than 250 in southern Philippines

Updated: 2011-12-17 16:32

(Agencies)

  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

?

Typhoon kills more than 250 in southern Philippines

Residents stand in floodwaters after flash floods brought by Typhoon Washi (Sendong) hit Iligan city, southern Philippines December 17, 2011. [Photo/Agencies]

CAGAYAN DE ORO, Philippines - More than 250 people were killed and almost twice that number were missing after a typhoon hit the southern Philippines, officials said on Saturday, triggering flash floods and landslides and forcing tens of thousands from their homes.

Typhoon Washi, with winds gusting up to 90km/h (56 mph), hit the resource-rich island of Mindanao late on Friday, bringing heavy rain that also grounded some domestic flights and left wide areas without power.

The Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC) said 256 people were killed in flash floods in Mindanao and another island. Soldiers and police were recovering more bodies washed ashore in nearby towns.

"The death toll might still rise because there are still a lot of missing people," said Gwendolyn Pang, secretary-general of the PNRC.

She said the hardest-hit areas were in the cities of Iligan and Cagayan de Oro.

Almost 400 people were unaccounted for, most of them from a coastal village in Iligan. Houses were swept into the sea by floodwaters while people were sleeping inside late on Friday.

The latest Red Cross figures put the death toll in Iligan at 144. Another 86 were killed in Cagayan de Oro, many of them children.

Five miners were killed in a landslide in Monkayo on Mindanao and another 21 people drowned on the central island of Negros, the PNRC said.

The national disaster agency put the death toll at 131, but other government officials also said at least 256 people had been killed.

The Philippines social welfare department said about 100,000 people were displaced and brought to more than a dozen shelters in Iligan and Cagayan de Oro.

"WE RAN FOR OUR LIVES"

Army spokesman Colonel Leopoldo Galon said search and rescue operations would continue along the shorelines in Misamis Oriental and Lanao del Norte provinces.

"I can't explain how these things happened, entire villages were swept to the sea by flash floods," Galon said.

"I have not seen anything like this before. This could be worse than Ondoy," he said, referring to a 2009 storm that inundated the capital, Manila, killing hundreds of people.

Television pictures showed bodies covered in mud, cars piled on top of each other and wrecked homes. Helicopters and boats searched the sea for survivors and victims.

"We ran for our lives when we heard a loud whistle blow and was followed by a big bang," Michael Mabaylan, a 38-year-old carpenter, told Reuters. He said his wife and five children were

all safe.

Aid worker Crislyn Felisilda said World Vision was concerned about children who became separated from their families or lost their parents.

"Many children are looking for their loved ones," she said, adding children were "crying and staring into space".

Rescue boats pulled at least 15 people from the sea, another army spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Randolph Cabangbang, told reporters.

Iligan City Mayor Lawrence Cruz said many people were caught by surprise when water rose one metre (three feet) high in less than an hour, forcing people onto roofs.

"Most of them were already sleeping when floodwaters entered their homes," he said. "This is the worst flooding our city had experienced in years."

The national disaster agency said it could not estimate crop and property damage because emergency workers, including soldiers and police officers, were evacuating families and recovering casualties.

Six domestic flights run by Cebu Pacific were cancelled due to the rain and near-zero visibility in the southern and central Philippines. Ferry services were also halted, stranding hundreds of people.

An average of 20 typhoons hit the Philippines every year, often causing death and destruction.

 

主站蜘蛛池模板: 怡红院久久 | 性感美女一级毛片 | 欧美一级毛片美99毛片 | 国产一区二区精品久 | 亚洲国产成人精品激情 | 成人欧美精品久久久久影院 | 久久精品操 | 亚洲六月丁香六月婷婷蜜芽 | 欧美精品一级 | 国自产精品手机在线视频香蕉 | 国产在线精品观看 | 久久久国产精品视频 | 久久久久毛片成人精品 | 极品美女一级毛片 | 颜值超高的女神啪啪 | 黄色国产网站 | 中文字幕亚洲 综合久久 | 日韩在线一区二区三区免费视频 | 国产亚洲精品九九久在线观看 | 日韩欧美一区二区在线观看 | 99在线视频观看 | 94欧美setu| 日本在线观看www免费 | 日本国产一区二区三区 | 色色视频免费网 | 国产成人盗拍精品免费视频 | 亚洲小视频在线 | 成人午夜精品 | 国产成人a大片大片在线播放 | 日韩a一级欧美一级 | 久久国产免费一区二区三区 | 精品国产亚洲人成在线 | 久久久不卡国产精品一区二区 | 久草资源网站 | 最新国产精品视频免费看 | 国产精品免费精品自在线观看 | 精品国产杨幂在线观看福利 | 日韩美女一级视频 | 国产精品1区2区3区 国产精品1区2区3区在线播放 | 亚欧色| 国产精选一区二区 |