久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Federal judges express skepticism about Trump travel ban

Agencies | Updated: 2017-02-08 08:49
Federal judges express skepticism about Trump travel ban

People participate in a Yemeni protest against President Donald Trump's travel ban in the Brooklyn borough of New York City, US, February 2, 2017. [Photo/Agencies]

SAN FRANCISCO — A panel of appeals court judges reviewing President Donald Trump's travel ban hammered away Tuesday at the federal government's arguments that the states cannot challenge the order.

The hearing before the San Francisco-based 9th Circuit Court of Appeals judges was the greatest legal challenge yet to the ban, which has upended travel to the US for more than a week and tested the new administration's use of executive power.

The government asked the court to restore Trump's order, contending that the president alone has the power to decide who can enter or stay in the United States. But several states have fought the ban on travelers from seven predominantly Muslim nations and insisted that it is unconstitutional.

The judges — two Democratic appointees and one Republican — repeatedly questioned Justice Department lawyer August Flentje on why the states should not be able to sue on behalf of their residents or on behalf of their universities, which have complained about students and faculty getting stranded overseas.

Circuit Judge Michelle T. Friedland, who was appointed by President Barack Obama, asked whether the government has any evidence connecting the seven predominantly Muslim nations covered by the ban to terrorism.

Flentje told the judges that the case was moving fast and the government had not yet included evidence to support the ban.

Friedland asked if the government had connected any immigrants from the seven countries to terrorism. Flentje cited a number of Somalis in the US who, he said, had been connected to the al-Shabab terrorist group terror group after judges asked for evidence about the ban.

Flentje said the president has broad powers to protect national security and the right to assess risks based on the actions of Congress and his predecessor during the last two years.

The court was not expected to rule immediately, with a decision more likely to come later this week, court spokesman David Madden said.

Whatever the court eventually decides, either side could ask the Supreme Court to intervene.

A lawyer challenging the ban said that halting the executive order has not harmed the US government.

Instead, Washington state Solicitor General Noah Purcell told the panel, the order had harmed state residents by splitting up families, holding up students trying to travel to study and preventing people from visiting family abroad.

Judge Richard R. Clifton said he suspects it's a "small fraction" of the state's residents.

Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本久久久久一级毛片 | 国产精品毛片久久久久久久 | 欧美日韩一区二区在线观看视频 | 国产日韩欧美综合一区二区三区 | 老司机亚洲精品影院 | 欧美在线观看不卡 | 国产偷国产偷亚洲高清午夜 | 成人永久福利在线观看不卡 | 看中国一级毛片 | 国产一级淫片a免费播放口之 | 蜜臀91精品国产高清在线观看 | 台湾三级香港三级经典三在线 | 性生i活一级一片 | 久草视频中文在线 | 精品老司机在线视频香蕉 | 美国毛片免费看 | 亚洲视频在线精品 | 国产精品合集久久久久青苹果 | 美欧毛片| 成人亚州| 手机毛片在线 | 自拍视频第一页 | 久久亚洲国产午夜精品理论片 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区国产 | 久久99亚洲精品一区二区 | 成年女人毛片免费视频永久vip | 午夜一级片 | 国内精品一区二区2021在线 | 亚洲网址在线观看 | 成人在线网 | 外国成人网在线观看免费视频 | 91久久青青草原线免费 | 亚洲欧美一区二区久久香蕉 | 欧美一级www片免费观看 | 亚欧色视频在线观看免费 | 欧美特黄特色aaa大片免费看 | 97免费在线| 日本特爽特黄特刺激大片 | 欧美 日韩 国产 成人 在线观看 | 九九99香蕉在线视频免费 | 亚洲一区视频在线 |