久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

In shadow of deadly attacks, British election campaign resumes

Updated: 2017-06-05 09:42

In shadow of deadly attacks, British election campaign resumes

Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May speaks outside 10 Downing Street after an attack on London Bridge and Borough Market left 7 people dead and dozens injured in London, Britain, June 4, 2017. [Photo/Agencies]

LONDON - After a militant attack on a nightlife district of London this weekend, British Prime Minister Theresa May will resume campaigning on Monday just three days before a national election which polls show is much tighter than previously predicted.

May said Britain must be tougher in stamping out Islamist extremism after three knife-wielding assailants rammed a hired van into pedestrians on London Bridge and stabbed others nearby, killing seven people and injuring 48.

After the third militant attack in Britain in less than three months, May said Thursday's election would go ahead. But she said Britain had been far too tolerant of extremism.

"Violence can never be allowed to disrupt the democratic process," May said outside her Downing Street office, where British flags flew at half-staff.

Islamic State on Sunday night claimed responsibility for the attack via the militant group's agency Amaq.

"A detachment of Islamic State fighters executed yesterday's London attack," a statement posted on Amaq's media page, monitored in Cairo, said.

In shadow of deadly attacks, British election campaign resumes

A policewomen takes away a suspect in connection with the attack during a police raid of the Barking district of east London, June 4, 2017. [Photo/Xinhua]

London police arrested 12 people in the Barking district of east London in connection with the attack and raids were continuing there, the force said. Police have not released the names of the attackers.

It was not immediately clear how the attack would impact the election. The campaign was suspended for several days last month when a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a concert by Ariana Grande in Manchester.

Grande gave an emotional performance on Sunday at a benefit gig in the city for the victims of the attack, singing with a choir of local schoolchildren, including some who had been at her show.

Before the London Bridge attack, May's gamble on a June 8 snap election had been thrust into doubt after polls showed her Conservative Party's lead had collapsed in recent weeks.

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 91精品综合久久久久m3u8 | 美女视频网站永久免费观看软件 | 在线观看国产一区二区三区99 | 亚洲激情自拍 | 九九视频在线观看6 | 欧美日韩亚洲一区二区三区在线观看 | 91在线一区二区三区 | 成人午夜私人影院入口 | 亚洲韩国欧美一区二区三区 | 欧美人成人亚洲专区中文字幕 | 久久亚洲一级α片 | 国产精品女上位在线观看 | a级毛片在线播放 | 免费一级a毛片 | 国产午夜精品理论片影院 | 女人毛片a毛片久久人人 | 久久国内精品自在自线观看 | 久久草在线 | 午夜剧场福利社 | 国产成人黄网在线免 | 久久99久久99精品观看 | 国内外成人免费在线视频 | 香蕉超级碰碰碰97视频蜜芽 | 真人一级一级特黄高清毛片 | 欧美色欧美亚洲高清在线视频 | 台湾黄三级高清在线观看播放 | 欧美成人一级 | 日韩在线欧美在线 | 久久凹凸 | 亚洲成人手机在线 | 99re66热这里只有精品免费观看 | 国产成a人片在线观看视频 国产成版人视频网站免费下 | 成人毛片视频免费网站观看 | 日韩视频一区二区三区 | 美女午夜色视频在线观看 | 亚洲精品欧洲一区二区三区 | 久久草在线视频播放 | 亚洲三级a| 国内精品久久久久久久星辰影视 | 久久97视频 | 日韩欧美亚洲国产 |