久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Americas

Top US diplomat in China quits over Trump climate policy

Updated: 2017-06-06 10:10

Top US diplomat in China quits over Trump climate policy

David Rank, the chargé d'affaires of the US Embassy in Beijing in a June 29, 2016 file photo.[Photo/china.com.cn]

WASHINGTON - David Rank, the chargé d'affaires of the US Embassy in Beijing, has left the State Department over the Trump administration's decision to quit the 2015 Paris agreement to fight climate change, a senior US official said on Monday.

A State Department spokeswoman confirmed Rank's departure, but said she was unable to verify Twitter posts that said he resigned as he felt unable to deliver a formal notification to China of the US decision last week to quit the agreement.

"He has retired from the foreign service," said Anna Richey-Allen, a spokeswoman for the department's East Asia Bureau. "Mr Rank has made a personal decision. We appreciate his years of dedicated service to the State Department."

Iowa Governor Terry Branstad, US President Donald Trump's pick as the next US ambassador to Beijing, is expected to take up the post later this month.

On June 1, the US State Department accepted the resignation of its top personnel officer, who had been among its few remaining senior Obama administration political appointees, another US official said.

Arnold Chacon had served as the director general of the foreign service and director of human resources.

The official said Chacon had tendered his resignation when Trump was inaugurated on Jan 20, along with all presidential appointees, who serve at the pleasure of the president and secretary of state.

The acceptance of Chacon's resignation was first reported by the DiploPundit website.

It was not immediately clear whether he would be offered another post at the department.

Other than Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, his deputy John Sullivan and Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Tom Shannon, the third-ranking US diplomat, most of the State Department's senior posts are currently vacant or filled by acting officials.

Jonathan Fritz, the embassy's economics councilor, would serve as chargé in his place, Richey-Allen said.

Rank had been with the department for 27 years and served as the political councilor at the US Embassy in Afghanistan from 2011 to 2012.

Trump's announcement on Thursday that he would withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord, saying the agreement would undermine the US economy and cost jobs, drew anger and condemnation from world leaders and heads of industry.

Reuters

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲视频在线一区 | 国内精品a| 一区二区三区国模大胆 | 777色狠狠一区二区三区 | 成人男女网18免费看 | 91久久亚洲最新一本 | 久久精品7 | 国产三级麻豆 | 亚洲狠狠ady亚洲精品大秀 | 在线免费自拍 | 日韩dv | 日本苍井一级毛片 | 真实国产乱人伦在线视频播放 | 日韩三级在线观看视频 | 全部免费国产潢色一级 | 欧美做a欧美 | 国产自产v一区二区三区c | 成人看片黄a免费 | 日本在线视频观看 | 国产一区二区在线视频 | 国产99久9在线视频 国产99久久 | 欧美人成一本免费观看视频 | 国产成人aa在线视频 | 香蕉tv亚洲专区在线观看 | 国产在线不卡午夜精品2021 | 国产中文99视频在线观看 | 国产精品日韩欧美一区二区 | 最新三级网站 | 欧美另类 videos黑人极品 | 国产亚洲片 | 国产三级a三级三级 | a级精品九九九大片免费看 a级毛片免费观看网站 | 色综合精品 | 国产精品永久在线 | 草免费视频 | 有码 在线| 久99频这里只精品23热 视频 | 亚洲第一区视频在线观看 | 中国女人毛片 | 欧美69视频 | 九九热视频在线免费观看 |