久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

   

Venezuela gunmen captured after holding hostages in ambulance

(Agencies)
Updated: 2008-01-30 07:08

ALTAGRACIA DE ORITUCO, Venezuela - Gunmen who held more than 30 hostages inside a Venezuelan bank for over 24 hours fled in an ambulance and were caught Tuesday along a roadside, where they surrendered and freed their last five captives.


Hostages held by gunmen inside a bank gesture in Altagracia de Orituco, Venezuela, Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2008. Gunmen held more than 30 people hostage inside a Banco Provincial branch during a standoff with police that began with a botched robbery Monday. [Agencies] 

The gunmen first let three hostages go and then negotiated with police while holding on to the last two, Guarico state Gov. Eduardo Manuitt said.

"This nightmare is over," Manuitt told state television.

They eventually turned over their guns and a grenade, and then were ordered to the ground as police arrested them, Manuitt said. The pursuit ended less than two hours after the gunmen fled the bank in the ambulance under a deal negotiated with police.

The standoff in this town southeast of Caracas began Monday morning with a botched robbery. In the final hours, some hostages inside the bank waved signs in the windows with desperate pleas for help and used cell phones to call their relatives.

Under the deal with police, the gunmen were permitted to leave with five hostages who agreed to accompany them, freeing the rest of the captives at the bank.

One of the hostages who later left with the gunmen, Vanessa Saavedra, spoke quietly and haltingly to Colombia's Caracol Radio by cell phone from inside the bank, saying: "We don't want them to shoot ... We don't want them to open fire. Please."

Saavedra's mother, Jasmin Gonzalez, said her daughter - a 25-year-old teller - volunteered to go. "She's very brave. I know she's going to come out of this fine," Gonzalez said through tears outside the bank.

It was not immediately known how many hostages were freed as relatives and onlookers massed at the front door of the bank and some were led to waiting ambulances. Bank executive Leon Enrique Cottin said earlier Tuesday that 33 hostages were held captive, but Manuitt said before the siege ended that some 50 hostages were being freed.

Those freed were believed to include a 2-week-old infant, at least three other children under the age of 10, and a woman who is eight months pregnant. She was wheeled out reclining on a stretcher.

One man emerged with a bandaged hand, carrying a girl in his arms, and got into an ambulance.

"After five or six hours, they began to let down their guard saying, 'You aren't going to die,'" freed hostage Juan Carlos Gil told The Associated Press of his captors. "They were nervous, but it was all an atmosphere as if they were everyone's friends."

His account differed from that of Justice Minister Ramon Rodriguez Chacin, who said during the standoff that the gunmen had been taking drugs, making the situation particularly volatile.

Gil said he never saw any of the gunmen use drugs and they appeared sober.

The four gunmen entered a branch of Banco Provincial on Monday morning when a uniformed police officer pulled up to use the cash machine and surprised the would-be robbers, said Amanda Saldivia, a reporter for the local Guarana Radio FM.

Seven captives made it out of the bank during the standoff, including several who were released and two who fled.

Saavedra said she was terrified when the men pointed a gun at a security guard and threatened him. "He went out running and they shot at him" but missed, Saavedra told Caracol. "It was truly horrific."

A man identified as one of the gunmen who gave his name as Jorge spoke to Caracol during the standoff, saying "people have the sense that we're going to leave."

Shortly before the deal was reached, one of the hostages broke a window in desperation, and one of the gunmen fired a shot in response, Manuitt said.

Officials did not immediately say if the gunmen left with any money.

Police officers with assault rifles took up positions at windows directly above the bank during the standoff, and then stood down at the urging of a hostage as the ambulance pulled up to ferry the group away.

Security cameras captured images of the gunmen until the cameras went dead - apparently cut off by the men and the footage was turned over to authorities, said Cottin, the Venezuela president of Spain's Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, or BBVA, which owns Banco Provincial.

As for the gunmen, Manuitt told state television, "We think they don't have much experience because of the sort of weapons they carry and by their behavior." He said they carried handguns and "a type of grenade."



Top World News  
Today's Top News  
Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
主站蜘蛛池模板: 99精品国产高清一区二区三区香蕉 | 日本vs欧美一区二区三区 | 亚洲成人免费网站 | 亚洲毛片在线看 | 中文字幕在线播放视频 | 老师张开腿让我爽了一夜视频 | 一级做a爱过程免费视频时看 | 萌白酱粉嫩jk福利在线观看 | 成人精品视频网站 | 欧美另类 videos黑人极品 | 98国内自拍在线视频 | 美女扒开腿让男生桶爽网站 | 毛片免费永久不卡视频观看 | 国产黄a三级三级看三级 | 久久精品国产99国产精品免费看 | 久久99热久久精品91 | 日韩国产欧美精品综合二区 | 三上悠亚免费一区二区在线 | 在线观看二区三区午夜 | 欧美色视频日本片高清在线观看 | 欧美精品a毛片免费观看 | 免费一级欧美性大片 | 国产黄三级三·级三级 | 中文在线视频观看 | 黄色网址在线免费观看 | 国产精品漂亮美女在线观看 | 国产精品久久久久免费 | 手机看片1024久久精品你懂的 | 日本在线观看不卡免费视频 | 泷泽萝拉亚洲精品中文字幕 | 成年人网站免费看 | 日本暖暖视频在线播放 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区在线播放 | 国产亚洲精品久久久久久久久激情 | 免费看一级毛片欧美 | 国产亚洲精品一区二区在线播放 | 正在播放国产一区 | 日本一区二区免费在线观看 | 一级欧美 | 高清欧美不卡一区二区三区 | 俺来也欧美亚洲a∨在线 |